Scottish cyclists to pay road tax

Permabanned
What form would it take? Nothing other than some form of large, clearly legible number plate that you find on motorised vehicles would work, would it?

smaller would clearly work, its not hard to chase someone who is on a bike, with you in a car or running (for a while) etc.

Permabanned
smaller would clearly work, its not hard to chase someone who is on a bike, with you in a car or running (for a while) etc.

So you are actually advocating a national system whereby all bicycles display a unique number plate (regardless of size).

Which would cost the taxpayer a fortune.

For little or no benefit.

As Delvis might say...

Erm, no.

Permabanned
So you are actually advocating a national system whereby all bicycles display a unique number plate (regardless of size).

Which would cost the taxpayer a fortune.

For little or no benefit.

As Delvis might say...

Erm, no.

Wouldn't cost a fortune, make the cyclist pay just like motorists have to. You buy the plates once your number comes through the post.

There is benefit.

Who is delvis? I don't care much about your erm no have an erm yes.

Permabanned
You don't think a national system of administration and enforcement would cost a fortune? I suggest you think again.

Enforcement? Its already done by police.

I'm talking a small section within DVLA to take over the process of registration, most would be system generated anyway.

I suggest you stop suggesting what other people should suggest, m'kay?

Are you afraid of the law catching up with you on two wheels now too?

Soldato
Good luck with this, have you ever tried getting money out of a Scotsman?

Per capita we donate more to charity than any other country in the UK so get your facts right.

I have to confess to having run into pedestrians and cars but in my defence -

1. The pedestrians walked out onto the road without looking which is how I managed to hit them.

2. The cars (three of them at different times) came out of side streets without observing the 'give way' signage and I collided with them.

3. One idiot passenger, sat at lights, threw a coke can out of the window of a car I was filtering past. I couldn't avoid the can and it wrapped around my front tyre causing me to skid and knock the wing mirror off the car. I was pretty annoyed as I'd hurt my hand, the car owner was furious and the passenger was very red faced and apologetic.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Enforcement? Its already done by police.

I'm talking a small section within DVLA to take over the process of registration, most would be system generated anyway.

I suggest you stop suggesting what other people should suggest, m'kay?

Are you afraid of the law catching up with you on two wheels now too?

Is it April the 1st or are you and some others here just THAT stupid to think this is workable or would provide any meaningful benefit?

Back
Top Bottom