Scottish Inderef Mk2 - lets have a civilized discussion folks.

Caporegime
What percentage do you guys suggest? perhaps we can hold a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty since we were never given the choice as to whether to join the EU political project in the first place. I suspect 52% is a lot higher than what a referendum on actually joining the EU would have gotten.

Soldato
I doubt too many people actually believed that the UK (well mainly England) would vote to leave the EU when the original Indy ref was held, so I am not at all surprised that the main party in Scotland want to look at it again.
I get the impression that some people (not necessarily here...) seem to think that Scotland belongs to England in some way, whereas it is just a union, and if one side wants to leave then it should be their choice to do so.

Caporegime
I doubt too many people actually believed that the UK (well mainly England) would vote to leave the EU when the original Indy ref was held, so I am not at all surprised that the main party in Scotland want to look at it again.
I get the impression that some people (not necessarily here...) seem to think that Scotland belongs to England in some way, whereas it is just a union, and if one side wants to leave then it should be their choice to do so.
It doesn't matter how many people believed it was happening. The EU vote had been promised, if it was that important to the future of Scotland they should have waited until after the outcome was known to hold their referendum.

It doesn't matter how many people believed it was happening. The EU vote had been promised, if it was that important to the future of Scotland they should have waited until after the outcome was known to hold their referendum.

In addition to that evilKrankie pushing for another Independence vote at a time when no one can say what effect Brexit will have on the UK (including Scotland) is at best stupid. At worst, and my personal opinion, it is a means to hold onto power. Sturgeon would see Scotland ruined if allowed her to continue as the leader of the SNP.

Caporegime
In addition to that evilKrankie pushing for another Independence vote at a time when no one can say what effect Brexit will have on the UK (including Scotland) is at best stupid. At worst, and my personal opinion, it is a means to hold onto power. Sturgeon would see Scotland ruined if allowed her to continue as the leader of the SNP.
Bang on what I was saying at the start of this thread. They're either morons or...did it intentionally hoping for a second chance should the first. In which case they're liars.

Back
Top Bottom