Scrappage Scam Extended

Caporegime
Robbie G making stupid claims in order to justify a purchase.

Why not go back to posting naked pictures of yourself? You'll make yourself look less ridiculous.

A 4yr old £10k wreck, what are you on? Smack?

Man of Honour
I was asked at work if I was going to scrap the "Mazda" for a new car. No.... it took me 10 years to settle on buying a Manta, I'm not about to put it in the bin to buy a new Eurobox.

"But it's old :confused:" is the normal response to this. People just can't fathom that I CHOSE to spend what you'd pay for... I dunno, a 51 plate Clio on an old car that hasn't got any modern features whatsoever and isn't even that fast.

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
Perhaps it's just that some people don't see the logic in spending quite so much money on a decidedly "normal" and "average" car. It's nice I'm sure but it's not value for money regardless of however you try to justify it.

(Can understand if it's something you buy "from the heart" like a TVR or something classic which costs far more than a "better" modern car, but a diesel golf, no)

Caporegime

Why not go back to posting naked pictures of yourself? You'll make yourself look less ridiculous.

My naked pictures of myself were short-term humilation for long-term gain. I'm able to see the bigger picture, and in ten months I'll post some more. You will no longer be laughing and you'll still be a fatass!

I was asked at work if I was going to scrap the "Mazda" for a new car. No.... it took me 10 years to settle on buying a Manta, I'm not about to put it in the bin to buy a new Eurobox.

You'd far rather have a ropey plasticy jap-mobile, that's cool.

Perhaps it's just that some people don't see the logic in spending quite so much money on a decidedly "normal" and "average" car. It's nice I'm sure but it's not value for money regardless of however you try to justify it.

(Can understand if it's something you buy "from the heart" like a TVR or something classic which costs far more than a "better" modern car, but a diesel golf, no)

Normal and average is quality and comfort, which works for me even if it bores some rigid. I don't need to justify it as it's still worth more than I paid for it. That justifies itself. And I don't have a diesel Golf.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Further proof that Robbie G actually doesn't know a thing. What benefit can posting pictures of your pasty body bring? By all means carry on with the hard work but keep your swirled up **** off my monitor please.

I'd rather be a fatass in a Fiesta than a pasty exhibitionist with a 17k Grey Golf and delusions of grandeur because he could afford to waste that much money on an 'ok' car but couldn't afford to fix a N Reg Polo.

Last edited:
Soldato

If you ignore the slightly odd claims Robbie G made the major point is actually quite a good one. Also ignoring the personal insults which are probably not relevant.

The main point is simple - those people who are doing this and scrapping usable older cars for newer ones are doing the economy a good service. Keeps demand up which helps keep demand up for related industries - metal production, glass production, all the crappy plastics that go into them. Any that are produced outside the country still help by giving sea freight business. And as most people who do it don't understand or even care then whats the problem?

Oh, and the point about foreign shareholders, just because a company is based outside the UK doesn't mean the shareholders are foreign. All those foreign dividends will partly come back into UK businesses to get taxed and generate more national income. Then you can also include dividends going into pension plans (globally some of the largest shareholders of all) supporting them.

Sales of dodgy crappy plasticy cars helps far more than just those "foreign" companies.

Caporegime
!

Further proof that Robbie G actually doesn't know a thing. What benefit can posting pictures of your pasty body bring? By all means carry on with the hard work but keep your swirled up **** off my monitor please.

People saying how pathetic it is will spur me into action foo! I am sorry that the merest suggestion of human penis awakens things deep inside you that you'd rather leave undisturbed, and can only promise that if you should happen upon pictures of my torso once again, there will be no trouser snake to behold.

This thread has taken an interesting turn, as I thought it would when I saw Robbie G had arrived :(

If by interesting you mean balanced, a rare occurrence for a Fox thread, then I agree.

Soldato
There are some really really nice classics being scrapped at the moment which is a terrible shame. My mother scrapped a 1984 Mk2 Fiesta as part of the last scrappage scheme in Ireland (1997). Looking back, it was probably one of the best condition (body wise) Fiestas out there at the time, not a drop of rust and there was only 64k on the clock. It was worth nothing though and she got her first brand new car out of it.

It's a real shame when you hear of genuinely good higher end cars being scrapped such as the CLK etc. Silly really.

Back
Top Bottom