1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

scratch repair

Discussion in 'Motors' started by LeoWyatt, 2 May 2006.

1. LeoWyatt

Wise Guy

Hi all,

After some advice on the best way to repair some scratches, they are not down the metal just down to the primer. I thought I saw a thread some time back where someone repaired the damage to their ford.

I have some touch up paint, but not sure what I should be doing. Any suggestions?

Cheers

2. paradigm

Caporegime

I too would like to know this. Spraying things with an airbrush I can do, but those "repair pens" you get always seem to make a mess.

3. LeoWyatt

Wise Guy

If it helps I should be able to get pictures of the scratches in the next day or so.

I'm just wondering on what you do after applying the paint, sand down, touch up, wax? that the sort of order?

4. paradigm

Caporegime

After applying the paint you will want to get some rubbing compound/polish and get the paint as smooth and blended in as possible. Then you will want to wax it to give it that shine and protection :)

5. LeoWyatt

Wise Guy

ok thanks, will give that a shot. Is Halfrauds the best place to go or can anyone recommend any better place?

6. Cyrus

Mobster

7. LeoWyatt

Wise Guy

cool, what happens regarding colour though? If you can see primer and apply this stuff won't you still see the primer colour where the scratch used to be?

8. Muncher

Soldato

Get a Mer scratch repair kit, very good :)

9. LeoWyatt

Wise Guy

was going to say you are the person to recommend the best scratch repair at the moment. I'll get that kit, how is the repair going? Pictures look good.