Screen mirroring pc to TV

Associate
Hi
Have been ages trying to find the best method to screen my PC ( use SyncPlay with a friend ) to my TV LGOLED55C9PLA , it has mirorcast & AirPlay, but using the built in windows PROJECT gives a full TV screen bit a very jerky video. Tried AirParrot, but no told it doesn’t support smart TVs nor does AirmyPC. Not sure if the Windows AirPlay offering will work, from my research, it works the other way, IPad IPhone etc TO the PC.

Not sure if my only option is HDMI, looks like it will be 20m ( plannned on fitting a M/F fly lead to the TV and PC, to make connecting easier and save risk of damage to PC & TV sockets from repeated connecting disconnecting, assuming I won’t get any signal loss.

looked briefly at HDMI over Ethernet, but my Distributed Ethernet system radiates out from a router, so not sure if that would mess up this option.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, incidental AirParrot ‘sort of worked’ bit only gave me an 80% window on my TV, no idea if Squirrel will implement for Smart TVs anytime soon.

thanks

Caporegime
Buy a steam link - £5 second hand for 1080p

Or

Nvidia shield TV - up to £200 new for 4k

You shouldn't use hdmi over 3m for 4k

Alternatively you could try a Chromecast

Associate
I use a 20M HDMI cable. Connected my upstairs PC to my downstairs 4k TV. Can say that I see no difference in quality (I have a 4k monitor) despite the long cable length. It's been great. I tried all sorts of combo's but the only solution that saw no drop in quality and no faffing about was just a long HDMI cable.

I did create a thread about this a while ago for more information, lots of detailed responses.

Back
Top Bottom