Scythe Ninja... XP90c... Arctic Cooling Freezer 64... Which One?

Associate
Me too got the Ninja :D . I like it, it keeps my x2 [email protected] at 50c max load. That's not too bad for being virtually silent :) . I run Vcore at 1.4V, but my mobo overvolts quite a bit... During normal gaming it goes just over 40c, so that doesn't stress it nearly as much as two instances of prime95.

Associate
I have the A64 Freezer Pro. Currently running my Opty 146 at 2700 (270*10) at 1.465v (mb set at 1.425 chip default).

Max load right now is 41'c, mobo temp 32'c, room temp 23'c. This is on an Asus a8n32sli in a CM201 with the fans at 7v through a baybus.

Noise is actually less than it was with my P4 2.6 with an Alpha. The only jump in noise is at bootup when the 1800xt kicks it's fan up. Ran 3dMark06 last night and the max temp was 43'c due to the room being hotter and maybe the 1800 pumping out more heat.

This chip, board and cooler are a very impressive combo. :D

mj

Associate
james.miller said:
no problem with the memory, although they are in the furthest slots. To access the first two you only have to take the fan off:)

That's one reason why I can't get Ninja - the dual channels in Asus A8N-SLI Premium are not paired (1A,2A/1B,2B). Instead it's 1A,1B/2A,2B which means that I have to put my ram into 1st and 3rd or 2nd and 4th socket. Not sure if either would allow me to go along with ninja + fan. I hope BT allows enough space for ram to fit in :eek:

Soldato
it should do lol. like i said, i can get to the first two slots, its just a case of taking the fan off first:)

scyth.jpg

Associate
james.miller said:
it should do lol. like i said, i can get to the first two slots, its just a case of taking the fan off first:)

Oh, ok - I misunderstood you. Though you said there was no physical means of putting ram in because of the fan. I still am going to stick to BT though - that way Shark is constructed seems to scream for Typhoon to be fitted in :)

Back
Top Bottom