SD card devices disconnecting during transfer on USB hubs, front case ports.

Associate
Why does this happen?

I noticed this with phones and my DSLR. I had to foreveer keep reconnecting devices again.

I have a cheap ebay USB hub that disconnects devices (for some reason keyboard and mouse connected the the hub never have issues). It seems to be storage devices which suffer from it.

I just connected the USB cable to the back of the tower (directly into motherboard ports) and it's working flawless. Any clues as to why connections drop with hubs?

Interestingly though USB flash drives don't have any issues, scanners don't suffer from it either. The problem seems to be strictly with devices with flash cards in them.

I have a antec p101 case so the USB connections should be to a good standard.

Soldato
Not that this is much help but I've never had any success with different USB hubs over the years and had constant disconnect issues with anything that wanted to draw any kind of power. I'm guessing the hard drives don't have independent power to them but the scanner does? If so then other than trying more powered USB hubs potentially wasting money, I'm not sure there is a lot else you can do.

Back
Top Bottom