1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

seasonic psu's

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Dataisgod, 29 Jan 2006.

1. Dataisgod

Gangster

seen a lot of people recommending these psu's in rigs and i presumed for good reason :) i just noticed they are not atx 2.2. was just wondering if this is important and if not how come?

also what would you recommend as a slight step down from the seasonic say the 2nd best?

2. DanMc07

Mobster

Wrong forum mate :o, not going to get much advice in here about a psu.

I use the seasonic, its awsom, also I hear good things about the Hiper psu's

3. St0rmer66

Mobster

Got a Seasonic S12 430w here and it's the quietest PSU I've ever (not :p ) heard. They're some of the most efficient PSU's you can buy.

4. Cyber-Mav

Capodecina

seasonic is supposed to be good but it doesn;t have a high reputation like enermax or antec who have been in the psu business for a very long time now.

good value for money psu would be the hiper power psus. i have a 480w type r in my second pc and it is very quiet and the rails seem stable enough.

the hiper 525w psu is top value for money for around 46 quid inc vat and has dual rails with plenty of amps on the 12v, 5v and 3.3

5. G550

Gangster

http://www.antec.com/uk/info_about.html

http://www.enermax.com.tw/english/about_company.asp

http://www.seasonic.com/profile/history.jsp

SeaSonic are one of the oldest and most respected of any industrial Computer power equipment manufacturers. They perhaps are not so well known amongst consumers as they don't go in for heavy targeted marketing as some of the younger companys do.
    SeaSonic were producing power conditioning equipment for IBM and Apple at the dawn of the Personal Computer era.

6. hannibal2381

PermaBanned

what about tagan ? they are awesome and are very quiet.

7. Messiah Khan

Capodecina

I'd certainly put a thumb up for Tagan. My Tagan TG480-U01 is a brilliant performer.

8. kbc

Wise Guy

Can't say I've had a problem with my Seasonic PSU so far, runs nicely and quietly - recommended PSU for reliability. :p

9. Marvt74

Capodecina

What kinda of budget you looking to spend, might help rather than us just shouting alternate psu companies :p

10. Dataisgod

Gangster

woops sorry for wrong forum :(

eh no fixed budget atm i just have to be convinced something is worth it or worth paying the extra for. say 70-80 of your english pounds but willing to spend a bit more i'd like it to be modular as well as my builds are liable to be very messy. also whats the jazz with the atx version number?

thank you

data

11. Havana_UK

Mobster