Associate
Hey all,

Long time lurker, first time poster, so I apologise if this is the wrong place or if I mess up a little bit. Also I apologise if the formatting is awful, I’m currently typing this out on my phone.

So as you can tell by the tittle, a few weeks ago my PSU (Focus PLUS Gold 550W) decided to die on me. I called OCUK who processed an RMA request for me. I sent it of and the next day (23/05) it was sent off to Seasonic (who I believe are based in either the Netherlands or Germany). It’s been over three weeks with no update; I know they say to allow for 4 but I’m concerned I’ve heard absolutely nothing. I’m worried that once the 28 days/4 weeks lapses OCUK would refund me a lesser amount (I bought it pretty damned cheap, I’ve not seen it cheaper since) and I’d kinda be left holding the buck as it were.

Thanks guys!

Soldato
When I RMA'd mine is was about 4 weeks, however this was direct with Seasonic.

Don't accept a refund, only accept a replacement PSU.

Associate
OP
When I RMA'd mine is was about 4 weeks, however this was direct with Seasonic.

Don't accept a refund, only accept a replacement PSU.

Damn, I read stories from other forums that they take days rather than weeks, which is annoying. Some UK based and some US based.

I didn’t realise I could ask for a replacement, the wording on the RMA return email sounded like I could only get a refund. Thank you!

Soldato
Damn, I read stories from other forums that they take days rather than weeks, which is annoying. Some UK based and some US based.

I didn’t realise I could ask for a replacement, the wording on the RMA return email sounded like I could only get a refund. Thank you!

I sent 2 PSU's back directly to them. One was a P660, however the P660 was not available so they gave me a new P760 instead.

So yes they should replace your PSU with a new one.

Associate
OP
I sent 2 PSU's back directly to them. One was a P660, however the P660 was not available so they gave me a new P760 instead.

So yes they should replace your PSU with a new one.
Ah ok, it’s use more of a thing if, it’s taking a while and not having a rig is getting annoying. Good to hear that tho, gives me a bit of confidence!

Associate
Hey all,

Long time lurker, first time poster, so I apologise if this is the wrong place or if I mess up a little bit. Also I apologise if the formatting is awful, I’m currently typing this out on my phone.

So as you can tell by the tittle, a few weeks ago my PSU (Focus PLUS Gold 550W) decided to die on me. I called OCUK who processed an RMA request for me. I sent it of and the next day (23/05) it was sent off to Seasonic (who I believe are based in either the Netherlands or Germany). It’s been over three weeks with no update; I know they say to allow for 4 but I’m concerned I’ve heard absolutely nothing. I’m worried that once the 28 days/4 weeks lapses OCUK would refund me a lesser amount (I bought it pretty damned cheap, I’ve not seen it cheaper since) and I’d kinda be left holding the buck as it were.

Thanks guys!
How old was your PS4 when it died?

Associate
Although not an RMA, I did have cause recently to deal directly with Seasonic. I bought a new Seasonic Focus Plus Platinum 850 watt where the main PSU to motherboard modular cable had been gripped by something during manufacture which caused the insulation to be torn from several wires exposing bare conductors. I contacted Seasonic directly through their website and after providing proof of purchase and photos of the serial number and damage, they sent me a new cable which arrived within three days from The Netherlands.
I found them very courteous, quick to respond and they kept me updated at all times as to how my case was going.
So from a customer care point of view, I would definitely recommend Seasonic.

Associate
Although not an RMA, I did have cause recently to deal directly with Seasonic. I bought a new Seasonic Focus Plus Platinum 850 watt where the main PSU to motherboard modular cable had been gripped by something during manufacture which caused the insulation to be torn from several wires exposing bare conductors. I contacted Seasonic directly through their website and after providing proof of purchase and photos of the serial number and damage, they sent me a new cable which arrived within three days from The Netherlands.
I found them very courteous, quick to respond and they kept me updated at all times as to how my case was going.
So from a customer care point of view, I would definitely recommend Seasonic.

thanks for letting us know. I am considering a new PSU and for about the same price I can get a gold EVGA 750w G1+ 10yr warranty (made by superflower) or a seasonic gold focus plus 750w 10y warranty. One review I read slightly favoured the seasonic.

Soldato
Sent mine off Friday 12th to the UK transit hub took them a week to receive it in the Netherlands, tested within a day and failed and now replacement being shipped to me on a two day delivery slot. 8 working days in total turnaround.

Back
Top Bottom