Seasonic Titanium Stock

Associate
Has anyone see any of the 850w or 1000w Titanium Seasonic PSUs in stock recently? I've been on the lookout since may with no luck. :(
It's pretty much the last component I need to finish upgrading my pc (with the exception of the GPU of course.. obvious reasons.)

Man of Honour
Why tie yourself to such a ridiculously expensive psu? There are plenty of excellent Gold and Platinum rated psu's available for a fraction of the price with 7 and 10 year warranties. It's not as if you will ever make £100-180 in electricity savings by going Titanium and paying a whopping premium for doing so. These are all excellent psu's and are all in stock:-

My basket at Overclockers UK:

These are also excellent and even have a 12 year warranty. They are out of stock at the moment but have a ETA of 19th October.

Associate
OP
Why tie yourself to such a ridiculously expensive psu? There are plenty of excellent Gold and Platinum rated psu's available for a fraction of the price with 7 and 10 year warranties. It's not as if you will ever make £100-180 in electricity savings by going Titanium and paying a whopping premium for doing so. These are all excellent psu's and are all in stock:-

These are also excellent and even have a 12 year warranty. They are out of stock at the moment but have a ETA of 19th October.

I completely understand where you're coming from but the main reason for my choice is design. I'm perfectly happy going with a Seasonic Prime PX 850 if it's a, in-stock before the TX and b, the price jump isn't like £20-30 making it pointless for me to downgrade. My build budget is around £4000 so I'm not exactly trying to save money with cheaper components.

Thank you for the help though, You showing me those phanteks units has opened my choices as I really love the design of the Platinum ones.

Man of Honour
The pair of Phanteks PSU's are actually built by Seasonic and so are the Asus ROG Strix units. The Asus units have huge heatsinks so that when the 135mm fan spins up it does so as slowly as possible to keep noise to a minimum.

I know it's your choice but just because you have a huge budget doesn't mean that you need to go for the most expensive components especially when there are far cheaper ones that do the job just as well. The PSU is argueably the single most important component in a pc so it's very good that you want a good one but you really don't need to spend up to double the price that you need to. Sorry to keep on about it but I am a tight fisted Cornishman and I hate to see people throwing money at things when there is no need to. I could be a millionaire but I would still want value for money. :D

Associate
I have the 850w Seasonic TX and it has an unpleasant noise under load from the fan. Others have commented on this but it only kicks in during gaming for me. My only reason for purchasing is due to having a system running 24/7 with a 10-year life expectancy.
The fan is not noticeable over a loud system with gfx card fans spinning, but it could be annoying in a CPU only scenario where you want absolute silence.

I'd suggest saving money and opting for a Gold standard PSU with a quiet fan for the majority of builds.

Associate
I completely understand where you're coming from but the main reason for my choice is design. I'm perfectly happy going with a Seasonic Prime PX 850 if it's a, in-stock before the TX and b, the price jump isn't like £20-30 making it pointless for me to downgrade. My build budget is around £4000 so I'm not exactly trying to save money with cheaper components.

Thank you for the help though, You showing me those phanteks units has opened my choices as I really love the design of the Platinum ones.
If you like wasting money - like me - go for a Asus Thor 850W. An excellent PSU and whisper quiet.

Associate
OP
Ended up going for a Corsair AX1000.
It’s the same base unit as the tx1000 so the same great efficiency, I haven’t even seen a TX PSU in stock over 750w for almost a year now. Plus I’m spreading the cost over 5 months for no extra cost, win win for me.
It looks fantastic in person it’s definitely going to be a welcome upgrade over my RM650. I’m a Corsair fan, what can I say.
rrZa0xE

Soldato
Ended up going for a Corsair AX1000.
It’s the same base unit as the tx1000 so the same great efficiency, I haven’t even seen a TX PSU in stock over 750w for almost a year now. Plus I’m spreading the cost over 5 months for no extra cost, win win for me.
It looks fantastic in person it’s definitely going to be a welcome upgrade over my RM650. I’m a Corsair fan, what can I say.
rrZa0xE

I had two Corsair AX750, great PSU's but made by Seasonic. Always check who makes them, they are not always good because of the brand. Even Seasonic make some less that stellar PSU's.

Associate
OP
I had two Corsair AX750, great PSU's but made by Seasonic. Always check who makes them, they are not always good because of the brand. Even Seasonic make some less that stellar PSU's.

From my extensive research and looking through the detailed reviews online (linked below) it seems to be one of the highest performing (efficiency wise) power supplies on the market sat with the Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium Line of PSUs

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/corsair-ax1000/7.html

https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/reviews/corsair-ax1000-80-plus-titanium,5966.html

All but one downside that is listed with both of these reviews is easily fixable by the custom sleeved cables I plan to purchase. So overall I think I got myself a great bit of quality kit, albeit for a premium price, but I’m not sure price is exactly a worry on a now extended budget £5000 build . All these lockdowns have somewhat increased sales for my business, so what better way to enjoy myself than diving head first into a large pc build.

Soldato
From my extensive research and looking through the detailed reviews online (linked below) it seems to be one of the highest performing (efficiency wise) power supplies on the market sat with the Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium Line of PSUs

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/corsair-ax1000/7.html

https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/reviews/corsair-ax1000-80-plus-titanium,5966.html

All but one downside that is listed with both of these reviews is easily fixable by the custom sleeved cables I plan to purchase. So overall I think I got myself a great bit of quality kit, albeit for a premium price, but I’m not sure price is exactly a worry on a now extended budget £5000 build . All these lockdowns have somewhat increased sales for my business, so what better way to enjoy myself than diving head first into a large pc build.

If you can afford it go for it :) I was lucky and got a Titanium Seasonic for £135 in a sale just before lockdown. I have never regretted buying good power supplies.

Associate
OP
If you can afford it go for it :) I was lucky and got a Titanium Seasonic for £135 in a sale just before lockdown. I have never regretted buying good power supplies.

£135? What a bargain! I just wish I thought ahead at the start of the lockdown last year and bought things I would need for later. Its pretty much “OUT OF STOCK” or “ITEM OVERDUE” out there now, Even for the super super expensive models!

Soldato
£135? What a bargain! I just wish I thought ahead at the start of the lockdown last year and bought things I would need for later. Its pretty much “OUT OF STOCK” or “ITEM OVERDUE” out there now, Even for the super super expensive models!

It was a Snow white edition, hides in the back of my case so not an issue. I wouldn't have paid the full price. I was lucky that I had recently built a new PC and thought I should update my 9 year old AX750. Wish I'd bought all the stock!

Associate
Was in the same situation, really wanted a platinum or titanium Seasonic. As you say OP it’s shorthand for quality. IMO if you get a good motherboard and a good PSU you’re set to go for many years. Good work finding an AX1000.

I found a well priced RM850x and the tear downs were so complimentary I felt comfortable. Should have looked up the ASUS units, didn’t realise they were Seasonic OEMs.

[/RANT]

Back
Top Bottom