1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

second undergraduate degrees

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by freshy, 2 Aug 2006.

1. freshy

Wise Guy

hi there does anyone have experience of doing a second undergraduate degree, with particular focus on the finance side - is funding availible; furthermore can you get a second student loan if you still haven't paid off the first?

i look forward to your insights, as the slc and lea's are notoriously inpredictable and hard to pin down.

thanks

2. Borris

Caporegime

I doubt that you'll receive LEA funding, unless you are going for research degree.

And you should also ask yourself - what's the point of a second degree.

3. Ricochet J

Capodecina

Wasn't joint honours not available to you?

4. Glaucus

Man of Honour

Trying this myself Unless you have

Lived away from home for 3 years or are over 25 your 100% stuffed. even if you qualify for 1 of those it still ain't promising.

Basicly sponsorship with self funding is your only option

5. HangTime

Man of Honour

I've toyed with the idea of doing another degree in the past, Open University (part time) looked quite promising for people on low incomes - although I never delved very deeply into things.

I had always assumed that doing a second degree was VERY expensive in terms of having to pay huge fees (i.e. way more than the bargain 3k/year first time students get it for) and no support, but I don't think it's as bad as that.

6. crashuk

PermaBanned

well move to a different council live in the area for 3 years dont tell them you have a degree. i knew a guy that moved to wales and they paid for his mba not sure how he got funding for it, cant even get funding to do a masters.