Section 3

Soldato
I'm confused...

You went past a passing place and then met a car coming the other way - implies that there wasn't space to pass each other...

So you pulled onto the verge to try and allow you to squeeze past...

It's all making sense so far until you say "at 30"... what? Usually when that type of thing happens both cars come to a stop, gawp at each other as they try to work out if either party can (or is wiling) to reverse back to a passing place, and if not one will grudgingly try to pull onto the verge and the two attempt to squeeze through... very slow speeds involved certainly not 30... If you're saying you were doing 30 just before meeting the car coming the other way (i.e. before you both stopped) then it's not relevant to the accident, if you tried to squeeze through in a distinctly "single track" situation at 30 then I don't know what to tell you

Associate
Clipped wing mirror with barely any damage. No evidence to suggest that this was just a case of being slightly too close when passed each other on a narrow lane. The police are not gonna care but they have to tick a box to say it's been followed up.

Soldato
I'm surprised you paid out tbh, i would have argued that being a single lane road, she should have been paying just as much attention to you being on the road, there's unlikely to be anything there that would have said she had priority. If the police came to me with that, i would have given them the details and lodged a dangerous driving complaint against the other driver as well.

Caporegime
I had to divert down country lanes due to a road closure. I’d gone past my passing place, saw an oncoming car so obviously went on the brakes. I even went up the verge to try and make space for said car. Basically we’d clipped wing mirrors. I was on my own so decided to carry on up the road to somewhere I felt was a safe place to stop when the car followed me flashing their lights (I waved me hands to show i was intending to pull over)

Had she stopped or were you both moving?

Associate
I'm confused...

You went past a passing place and then met a car coming the other way - implies that there wasn't space to pass each other...

So you pulled onto the verge to try and allow you to squeeze past...

It's all making sense so far until you say "at 30"... what? Usually when that type of thing happens both cars come to a stop, gawp at each other as they try to work out if either party can (or is wiling) to reverse back to a passing place, and if not one will grudgingly try to pull onto the verge and the two attempt to squeeze through... very slow speeds involved certainly not 30... If you're saying you were doing 30 just before meeting the car coming the other way (i.e. before you both stopped) then it's not relevant to the accident, if you tried to squeeze through in a distinctly "single track" situation at 30 then I don't know what to tell you
Exactly

Soldato
Is there any truth to the idea that if you're the one fully stopped and the other car moves past you and there's contact - it can't be your fault? :confused:

Anyhoo, you can't not exactly comply with the police. Tell them everything honestly and you'll be fine. Especially if you were stopped and she drove past you. Hopefully she'll get a slap on the wrists for wasting police time.

Don
Is there any truth to the idea that if you're the one fully stopped and the other car moves past you and there's contact - it can't be your fault? :confused:
Hitting a stationary car is usually taken as 100% fault by insurers, as fundamentally you shouldn’t be committing your car into a position you can’t be sure it’s safe to do so.

Soldato
hi bit of a long one by need advice.

I had to divert down country lanes due to a road closure. I’d gone past my passing place, saw an oncoming car so obviously went on the brakes. I even went up the verge to try and make space for said car. Basically we’d clipped wing mirrors. I was on my own so decided to carry on up the road to somewhere I felt was a safe place to stop when the car followed me flashing their lights (I waved me hands to show i was intending to pull over)
Me and the lady had disagreed with who was to blame so in the end I gave her my number and told her to call me and we would sort out the cost of damage. She called me 10 mins after I gave her my details, I told her a couple of days was fine for her to get back to me and left it at that. She’s reported me to the police for careless driving. I have paid for the damaged wing mirror (£41) and now have the police wanting to know all my details and give a statement. I’m now worried I’m going to end up getting fined, points, court even though I thought I did the right thing and paid for it to be fixed. Does anyone have any help on this matter? Or help with what’s best to put on the statement? Thanks in advance

Is this what society has come to, five lines of text is considered to be a "bit of a long one"?

Man of Honour
hi bit of a long one by need advice.

So there was no space but she turned around to come after you?
This needs explaining with Google Maps

Back
Top Bottom