Seeing SetiClassic off in style!

Associate
Biffa said:
Remember whats affecting us is also affecting the other teams. Oh well, I'm going to stick it out in classic till the 15th, go out trying for team and country.

Agreed! :)

I'm crunching all the way to the finish.
Now... I aint a quitter am I?

All that talk about Berkley backing down and they dont care blah blah... I don't think it's strange with a few glitches since they are shifting capacity over to BOINC.

Just enjoy it 8 more days :D

Soldato
Biffa said:
Remember whats affecting us is also affecting the other teams. Oh well, I'm going to stick it out in classic till the 15th, go out trying for team and country.

^ what he said

come on every one SETI Classic is the first of the big DC projects, as such it deserves some respect. Let's not be too harsh on the arstonomers running the project with little or no funding and trying to transition to BOINC with minimal extra hardware.

I'll be back to folding on the 16th but until then, lets see of we can beet those germans eh ;)

a free go on spanky to anyone who keeps crunching:

PaulTaylor666-Spanker.jpg

HT

Last edited:
Associate
Im staying on to the end. Im even adding a dual xeon server to the push. On the 16th ill get all the work computers folding again, but im not sure what to do with my home computers, should i put them back onto seti boinc or put them on folding?

Associate
Yup annoying or not, I'm still getting credit, and I've put in too much work to leave now. I'll leave when the fat lady sings :p

Man of Honour
If the number of WUs isn't too big, you could always send them to me and I'll try to upload then. Can't promise it'll be successful, but all mine are going up OK.

Connect type: WinSockProxy
Proxy server: 84.92.212.135
Port: 8080
Processing priority: Upload workunits
Upload pending results: enabled
Download new WUs: disabled

I'll keep an eye out for them.

Soldato
Berserker said:
If the number of WUs isn't too big, you could always send them to me and I'll try to upload then. Can't promise it'll be successful, but all mine are going up OK.

Connect type: WinSockProxy
Proxy server: 84.92.212.135
Port: 8080
Processing priority: Upload workunits
Upload pending results: enabled
Download new WUs: disabled

I'll keep an eye out for them.

I'm not sure if it has or has not uploaded it says in the bottom bit about results R:0(274) and in the results page it has 274 items marked as dupes

also the results uploaded graph has 0 uploaded since nov 30th

heres some log
10:56: Seti returned: Duplicate result
10:56: Seti@home message: 'You are running a client from the original SETI@home project. This project will be shutting dow...
10:56: Work unit 16ja04aa.17222.1602.947138.82 given to BRENDA
10:56: New GetWorkUnit.sah saved
10:56: Send user info to BRENDA
10:56: Result 04no03aa.16415.6609.729828.35 completed by BRENDA [1h59m]
10:05: Seti returned: Duplicate result
10:05: Seti@home message: 'You are running a client from the original SETI@home project. This project will be shutting dow...
10:05: Work unit 04no03aa.16415.6657.411082.58 given to llama
10:05: New GetWorkUnit.sah saved
10:05: Send user info to llama
10:05: Result 04no03aa.16415.24225.903384.174 completed by llama [3h27m]

Last edited:
Man of Honour
If they're getting reported as duplicates, then there's not a great deal I can do (I'd just get the same). You won't have sent me any results either (once they're marked as duplicates, that's it).

I think mine works because I used a spare account with 0 WUs, so there couldn't possibly be any duplicates.

Edit: I just received 254 results.

Associate
Just checked out the tech news section on the seti website. After annoucing when seti classic was going to finish the system went into serious bandwidth overload which has caused problems with the master database merge. Server reshuffle and by the sounds of it thy are not going to do much now until after classic has finished. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Berserker said:
If they're getting reported as duplicates, then there's not a great deal I can do (I'd just get the same). You won't have sent me any results either (once they're marked as duplicates, that's it).

I think mine works because I used a spare account with 0 WUs, so there couldn't possibly be any duplicates.

Edit: I just received 254 results.

that would be the ones I sent

Back
Top Bottom