1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SEGA Master System

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Steve M, 22 Oct 2009.

1. Steve M

Wise Guy

Anyone still play on theirs? It was my first console in the late 1980's and i still love it. As i've grown up i've started building up a collection as you can see in the pictures below.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The console and accessories pictured are the ones i use. Not pictured I also have a mint boxed Sega Master System Plus console package which is safely in storage.

You can see that i have some very rare games such as Phantasy Star, Ultima IV and Golden Axe Warrior which fetch some very high prices on e-bay.

Coming soon i'll have 2 rapid fire units and yet more games including Rainbow Islands and Zillion.

Am i the only one with this crazy obsession with the SMS?!

Last edited: 22 Oct 2009
  2. R0B75

Soldato

I'd say you're nuts, but not for having an obession with the SMS ;)

Nice collection, didn't know you had all that! I know you've got loads of dreamcast stuff though. My first console was the Megadrive :/

3. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

I had one. It was crap but I didnt realise it.

A few years ago came the crushing realisation that my parents having bought me a Master system in 1992 was like them having bought me a PS1 in 2002 :(

4. bledd

Don

Gran Turismo
    Jona Lomu Rugby
    Crash Team Racing
    Micro Machines v8

I still play mine :D

5. maxilive

Mobster

I was playing on mine last night, my first console I had as a young one. Good fun but when you play the mega drive it make every game look + feel terrible :p

6. Steve M

Wise Guy

Well i've sold a lot of my Dreamcast stuff to fund new Master System purchases!

7. Steve M

Wise Guy

Well i had mine in 1987 when it was top dog! It was quickly forgotten (at the time) when i got my nice new shiny 16bit Mega Drive..

8. Kainz

Capodecina

Awesome console! I had the Master System 2, which was a smaller uglier beast with no reset button. Ahh the good olde days of playing R-Type, Golden axe and the built in Alex Kidd game :D

Amazing collection of games OP. I had about 10 or so because they were so expensive back then, and I was in high school!

9. Steve M

Wise Guy

Forgot to mention that i have 2 Master System 2 consoles also!

What i'd love though are the 3D Glasses. The are super rare and even if you did pick them up in working condition the games cost a small fortune. Out Run 3D for example usually sells for £80+ on the bay.

10. Strife212

Capodecina

Something about collections that old depresses me, I don't know why :p

I love collecting things PS1 era and onward...

11. antijoke

Caporegime

I had a Master System as my fist console too with Alex Kidd built in. That bought many happy hours of gaming at Christmas. :D

12. Dup

Capodecina

My first was the Mega Drive. I woke up one Xmas and there was a huge pile of presents taller than me (then very young) including a Mega Drive and a stack of games.

Looking back it was quite something considering we didn't even have a TV or carpets for most of my early life. I was one lucky kid tbh, wow.

Friends had master systems, NES and Snes etc. Never had my own but enjoyed swapping and borrowing systems on the street.

13. dannyjo22

Caporegime

Psycho fox was one of the best platform games ever made in 2D.

14. Steve M

Wise Guy

I've got that but only given it a quick blast. It did seem quite hard.

15. ScarySquirrel

Capodecina

I don't have it any more but this was also my first console. Alex Kidd in Miracle World was built into it. I loved it.

16. Jonners

Capodecina

Always wanted the original Master System.

I think that Moonwalker cartridge will be worth a few bob ;)

17. Steve M

Wise Guy

Yeah something suddenly made them shoot up in price!;)

18. linktoinsanity

Underboss

My first was a Megadrive, but I used to enjoy playing Super Space Invaders 2 player on a friend's Master System. Have you got that?

19. Steve M

Wise Guy

No, not got that one but i'm always on the look out for new games.

20. roid

Wise Guy

Wow brings back memories. At one point I had 2 master systems, the original and and the plus, which I won from a Rice Krispies competition!

Many a hour spent playing duck shoot and hangon.

I remember getting it home and thinking there were no games until we started it up and realised they were built in :D