SEGA Master System

Caporegime
It was my first console although mine was the Master System 2 with a built in Sonic the Hedgehog. I loved it and it provided me with my first gaming experiences, I was only 6 or 7 at the time and I don't think I completed a single game for it. Kind of depressing because now when I play them on emulators the games are completely unchallenging!

Some still remain rock hard to me however, Renegade is nails and Tazmanian Devil is a right pain in the arse! :(

Associate
Thats possibly the most awesome collection of master system stuff ive ever seen! Duno if it wasnt pictured but you need zillion1 its so much better than the second one. Still nicely done!

Associate
OP
Thats possibly the most awesome collection of master system stuff ive ever seen! Duno if it wasnt pictured but you need zillion1 its so much better than the second one. Still nicely done!

Cheers.Yeah, as i said in my first post i'm waiting on Zillion and Rainbow Islands being delivered. Should be with me next week!:D

Soldato
Master System was awesome at the time. Definitely a horrendous idea to put the pause button on the console though!

Afterburner was brilliant. Terminator I remember to be extremely difficult!

Soldato
Sold my Master System II when I bought a PS1 and immediately regretted it. :(

Made up for it recently though. :p

Just got to rebuy all those games I still miss and I'm set. :)

alexkidd.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
My little brother got a master system about 19 years ago and i used to love playing a game called Bomber Raid which i must have played for hours trying to complete it, which i did in the end. Also love r-type. Was alex kid in miracle world the game were if you punched some bricks a ghost would come out and chase you?

Associate
OP
My little brother got a master system about 19 years ago and i used to love playing a game called Bomber Raid which i must have played for hours trying to complete it, which i did in the end. Also love r-type. Was alex kid in miracle world the game were if you punched some bricks a ghost would come out and chase you?

Yes. Also you got to play stone paper scissors with enemies!

Man of Honour
I loved the SMS, especially the first one like the one you have. Fav games for me Enduro Racer and Zillion. Loved the card slot and the hidden game when you switch the system on. They don't make em like that anymore.

Soldato
slightly before my time. I had a Commodore 64 then a Mega Drive.

I got the Commodore whn most of my mates had a NES but as I had never had a computer before I still loved it and there were some great games.

Nice collection.

Associate
I got my 1st master system in 1988 and still have it to this day (stored somewhere at my parents house)

I sold my second one along with most of the games and the light gun, joystick and rapid fire unit.

However I have started (on the odd occasion) to buy MS games again for the day I get it re set up :)

Associate
How many times did i try to pause for dinner only to press the reset button. My baby was old enough to have the pads with the cable coming out the side (who's mental idea was that!!!!!). Replaced them though once better ones came out (normal style with cable out the top). Probably worth loads now as i cant believe many people kept them..

images

Last edited:
Associate
All my games are in the loft though i seem to remember my power pack is dead. If i remember right the my mega drive one worked on the MS too.

Every so often im tempted to go find it and boot it up (have loads of games) but i don't want to ruin childhood memory's.

Did anyone play Lord of the Sword? was a game i was given (not one i would ever have bought) but actually it was really good. Remember playing for days on end with a mate.

For other random periferals that i had was the sports pad. Which was basically a trackball on a block with buttons on it. Useless for sports games but absolutely amazing for top down plane games. So much control.

Here it is.

images

Back
Top Bottom