SEGA Master System

Associate
OP
I think mine is up in my parents' loft. Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap was epic. I loved that game.

Yep, probably my favourite game for the MS. Just a really good adventure game and was awesome when you changed into different creatures that could access parts of the game that others couldn't!

For instance in the background on this second screenshot is an upside down boat. Much later in the game when you turn into the fish you get to swim under water in the wreck!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
All my games are in the loft though i seem to remember my power pack is dead. If i remember right the my mega drive one worked on the MS too.

Every so often im tempted to go find it and boot it up (have loads of games) but i don't want to ruin childhood memory's.

Did anyone play Lord of the Sword? was a game i was given (not one i would ever have bought) but actually it was really good. Remember playing for days on end with a mate.

For other random periferals that i had was the sports pad. Which was basically a trackball on a block with buttons on it. Useless for sports games but absolutely amazing for top down plane games. So much control.

Here it is.

images

Don't fancy selling that do you?

Soldato
Can I ask you guys why you choose to play the original console when you can get run an emulator on the xbox, providing you own the original roms ;), have much better gfx output like rgb scart or 480p and anti-aliasing, tonnes of other features like in game saves and get to play them on a much better joypad?

Last edited:
Associate
Can I ask you guys why you choose to play the original console when you can get run an emulator on the xbox, providing you own the original roms ;), have much better gfx output like rgb scart or 480p and anti-aliasing, tonnes of other features like in game saves and get to play them on a much better joypad?

Personally I can't get enough of the musty smell of old electronics. Also games seem more fun when you have to blow the connector a few times and wiggle it in the slot to get it going

Soldato

Because I'd rather play on the real deal. :)

Just something nice about owning and playing on original hardware.

Associate
OP

Well i have an emulator on the PC (as per the two screens i posted a few posts ago) and i have every Master System and Mega Drive rom ever made but i'm a collector of all things Master System and like owning the originals. Ask an art collector why they collect art when they can view images of the artwork on the web:)

Associate
Wow, that was my first console purchase too. Put it all up for sale in the papers to fun an Amiga and it went in one night, people just didn't stop ringing! Think I cashed out at the perfect time! ;)
Then I bought a GameGear with SMS catridge adaptor and bought my 2 fave games again. R-Type and Secret Command(?) Best game I had, like Commando/Ikari Warriors but slower! LOL! Still got them somewhere!

Caporegime
used to sell games for a living on the bay and had thousands of sms games,snes,mega drives,

best sms games are wonder boy 3 , power strike , alex kid , golden axe :D , the legend that is shinobo , rasten saga , bubble bobble . as for value unless its a mega rear item / games they fetch peanuts really.

still have a few snes consoles as they pown all systems :D some of there games fetch hundreds if you no what to look for .

then you have the neo geo which id love to have mighthave to bag me me a aes for samuari showdown and art of fighting

Back
Top Bottom