Segway scooter!

Man of Honour
not worth it as it's illegal to ride on pavement and roads. Making it usless.

This is a law goverment should be changing, people who drive a couple of miles to work, these would be a great cheap alternative to a car. Which has *** benefit of lower emmisions and take far less room up on the roads.

Soldato
i cant see anyone saying much if you ride one on the pavements, i see those
mobility scooters on paths all the time and theyre driven by wreckless old people

Soldato
AcidHell2 said:
these would be a great cheap alternative to a car for lazy or less abled people. Which has *** benefit of lower emmisions and take far less room up on the roads.

fixed for above

Last edited:
Soldato
JimmyEatWorms said:
Yes, but a bicycle requires effort. A segway doesn't :D
A bicycle is also about 35 times cheaper. :p

andy8271 said:
could be useful for elderly people who arent able to ride a bike but are able to stand up ok
Like walking sticks and zimmer frames. ;) Which also double as a form of physiotherapy. :)

Soldato
OP
Al Vallario said:
£3500 for a glorified pogo stick on wheels? :eek:

Elrazur. In all honesty... is your friend MAD?

Nah, he's a gadget freak like me, the only difference is that he's got the money and i dont. If i do, i will buy one and i dont think im mad! :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
You'd be better off giving the money to me tbh. :p

I'm a gadget freak, but I'd still not by one (mainly because the only place you can use it is on private land, and the 20m x 8m patch out the back is all grass).

Doesn't surprise me that GWB fell off. What surprises me is that no-one tried to sue when he did.

Also, they had a pair of them in the Top Gear studio last year.

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Exsomnis said:
Segways have been famous since U.S. President George W. Bush fell from one, an act touted as impossible by Segway themselves due to the machine's self-righting gyro system.
Conclusive evidence- if it were needed- that when man invents an idiot- proof machine, God invents a better idiot.

Associate
The normal persons walking day is something along the lines of:

Front door then a 5m walk to the car (give or take a few meters) then home.
From the car about a 5m walk to the place of work (give or take a few meters) then home.
And on Saturdays work is replaced with the local supermarket

I don’t see any situations in ones normal day where they would actually be used. Expensive coat hanger IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom