Selling old 40k stuff

Soldato
I've not paid or played with this stuff for a loooong time, and now we've moved house and I'm downsizing I really need to get rid of it..

Where is the best place to sell stuff like this?
I've got some of the old GD Award stuff, terminators, Blood Bowl and then some fancy stuff that I just wanted to paint..
Not all of it is painted.

Soldato
Indeed.

Unfortunately you may find most of it isn't worth as much as you might think, trawling through eBay as a purchaser but as also someone who owns some 20 odd year old 2nd models it's surprising how little they are worth.

The odd rare one might be worth it though so check what you have, there is one grey knight guy, I can't remember his name but they must have it made a limited number of metal ones because that one guy alone is £125.

Soldato
OP
Soldato
Yup, lots of nice stuff there! Ebay will be your friend. I recently bought a bunch of those BB figures.

Nice marines too. I genuinley prefer that era over GW's current crop of minis.

Soldato
OP
I originally started playing Space Hulk back in the early 90's hence the majority of them being the Terminators.
Used to paint a lot of Airfix stuff so thats kinda where I ended up painting stuff, hence the random bits I just wanted to paint..

I used to paint stuff for kids that came into the shop, first kid to buy me pie and chips got a figure painted lol...

Soldato
I would put them on Facebook and Gumtree to start with. Cash on collection is very much the easy way to do it. After that Ebay is your only other choice. Gumtree and Facebook are really for people looking for a decent bargain, so don't expect to get full price.

Soldato
OP
Paints are still liquid as well...

Had one guy offer me £150for the lot off the bat, then another straight up £200, guessing its worth a bit more than that given he wants to come get them tonight..

Soldato
I'd say it's worth a bit more also, that chaos lord is nice. Depends if you had at want a quick sale. The risk you run (as mentioned above) is one of those might be a rare one and worth a lot on its own, without looking through on eBay etc you won't know.

Again though, if you don't want the agg, £200,+ isn't that bad.

Edit: yea just looked it up, it's Kaldor Draigo from the grey Knights in metal, he's worth £100 if metal and complete, £150 still in the packet. GW must not have made many of him in metal.

You only need to have a couple like that in your collection, you'd need to trawl through eBay to look them all up.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't think it is him chap, which figure you looking at?
I had a quick Google n doesn't look familiar..

Nah sorry if my post was confusing, I'm not saying you have that guy, just making a point that the odd model might be worth a lot, and you may have one that is worth a lot on its own.

Soldato
That's worth a fair amount. A year ago and I would have taken it! But i've sourced all the BB and Necroumunda stuff since.

The Ork BB team is worth at least £50 on it's own.

Back
Top Bottom