Sennheiser gsx 1000 thread?

Soldato
OP
@Joey1988 with headphones you should use the full range.

Windows set to 7.1 and for me, I have only 7.1 selected on the unit. I don't use any of the presets.

Give Apex Legends a try one of the best games out for surround sound.
Csgo isn't a good game for surround sound, the game itself is designed to be stereo with surround sound added on later.

Give a game like witcher 3 or something

Here is a video I recorded showcasing apex legends excellent audio quality.
Do note: my microphone quality at times is a bit poor recording software issue.

Edit
One more thing, make sure Windows Spatial sound is disabled!

Another excellent tool I use is the Dolby True HD 7.1 test video, make sure you use VLC player.
https://thedigitaltheater.com/tools/

Last edited:
Associate
Hello from Turkey. I bought Game One and GSX 1000. But because the sounds were too low in games, I gave them back. It's hard to hear footsteps in Rainbow Six Siege and Escape From Tarkov. At this price this quality is not good.

Soldato
Thats strange, my GSX is paired with a Cloud Alpha and in Hunt Showdown where sound is really important similar to the above two games I hear everything I need it sounds amazing and the positioning is spot on

Soldato
OP
Thats strange, my GSX is paired with a Cloud Alpha and in Hunt Showdown where sound is really important similar to the above two games I hear everything I need it sounds amazing and the positioning is spot on

This is my experience also. They really isn't a game so far that hasn't impressed me.

Csgo definitely isn't a benchmark game for surround sound though. I personally wouldn't judge the gsx based on that game.

Associate
Sounds like a clear but very deep sound. Escape from tarkov at even lower level. it is not possible to play this way. I tried everything for four days. Only problems with games. The sound is too loud when listening to movies and music.

Associate
Do any owners know if there have been any firmware updates to this that are worth installing?

I'm still liking mine, the surround sound is great and the ease of switching between speakers and headphones is what i was after.

Associate
Do you have to download that yourself? Did it change anything?

I remember your videos from back when I was considering buying this, helped my decision. You still play Siege?

Soldato
OP
Do you have to download that yourself? Did it change anything?

I remember your videos from back when I was considering buying this, helped my decision. You still play Siege?

I don't, stopped playing that awhile back. I had to manually update it via Sennheiser firmware updater
Scroll down and download Firmware Update Tool
https://en-us.sennheiser.com/gaming-downloads

I can't say I honestly noticed any difference with my unit.

Associate
Hi guys,

This thread still seems alive :)

Would one of you have the latest firmware package for the GSX1000 please? Since a month or 2, the Sennheiser update tool doesn't seem to work. It states that it's unable to connect. The package would allow me to upgrade offline. I guess it should be in the Sennheiser updater folder once it downloads it for upgrade?

I've recently updated to Win10 and I noticed that I've to unplug/re-plug the GSX1000 from USB at each reboot. I never had problem like this in the past so I never bothered doing the update...I kind of regret it now... ;)

Thank you already for any help that you could provide.

Soldato
I contacted Sennheiser support because their website says that the updater has been superceded by something called (from memory) HeadSetPro - but that when I installed that, it didn't work with my GSX1000. Combined with the updater (as you observed) seeming to have stopped working.

Anyway, I got a reply from them saying:

We will still use the Sennheiser Updater for updating the GSX 1000. Unfortunately, we are currently having a server issue, and this is why the Sennheiser Updater is not working right now.

Do you know what version you're on currently? When I'm next on my main computer, I can check my version. I'm on Win10 and certainly don't have the issue you describe.

Soldato
OP
This is the latest version for the GSX sadly I do not have a download for the file.

Sennheiser GSX 1000
Release Note

Date: 14-02-2018
Version: 5.23.37.0.808

Change Log

New Features:
• Added Support for tournament mode.
o Volume wheel on side can mute communication while tournament mode is active.

Changes and Bug fixes:
• Fixed an issue with start up on USB 3.0
• Microphone has been retuned for improved performance.
• Improved audio performance in 7.1 mode.
• Optimized signal to noise ratio on side-tone (microphone).
• Fixed an issue with mute function on windows 10.

Associate
Not sure where I can get the version of my GSX. If it's simply what the updater reports then I'm still at version 1.0
fp2njungm0iwnp9-preserve-transparency-False-size-1200x1200-size-mode-4.jpg

Associate
Also, thank you for the answers and follow up! I'll wait for Sennheiser to fix their server. I'm just wondering why it's taking so long...I believe that the first post that I saw on Reddit about it are two months old.

Soldato
If you contact Sennheiser support, they may offer to send you an email when the issue is fixed. That's what they did for me. (And I don't have such an email yet.)

Associate
I tried to contact them but for whatever reason, it didn't work in my country. Anyway, I can just try from time to time with the hope that the server is fixed one day ;)
By the way, there are 2 folders that seem of interest for upgrade packages : C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Sennheiser\Sennheiser Updater\LocalFirmwareServer and C:\Program Files (x86)\Sennheiser\Sennheiser Updater\Product firmware\
Can you have a look and see if you find a GSX package please?
I also find interesting that the firmware file seems to be a .dfu

Associate
So, the server seems to be back.
Unfortunately it doesn't help for me.
image.png

The checkbox doesn't enable. I guess my original version might be too old to update to the current one or something else...

Back
Top Bottom