Sennheiser HD650 - The classic beauty in a grey dress Appreciation thread!

Associate
OP
I see most people as joking I don't see any personal attacks mate more disagreements with a bit of cheekiness thrown in.

I think the majority have heard all this before on other forums and the whole bitrate myth has been argued to death with the majority agreeing there's no big difference.

I'm also one for not believing our ears are all different. I believe that healthy ears for the most part, are all similar (Not including IEMs)with some people being more sensitive to differences than others due to experience and equipment used etc.

I believe if there was a difference someone would have easily picked it up as there's some experienced ears on this board. I can't comment on your track as I've not heard it on tidal but it sounded great on Spotify, usually on low bit rate tracks you get that veil that doesn't show the subtle background sounds and textures but it sounded great.

I'd say my hearing is around the normal ranges for a 28 year old although they have been abused with loud volumes I'm not really missing much apart from some slight high frequencie loss(Can hear about 19k and all the way down smoothly.

If you hearing that good you can hear those difference I would seriously consider some role in the industry.

Caporegime
You're just all showing your frustration on not hearing what I am..

That's fine I understand.

But does it really need personal attacks?

I'm not angry, Just disappointed. :(

You are absolutely hilarious, and this is repeat behaviour from you seen in many threads. You're a narcissist of epic proportions, and completely self delusional. The attempt at playing the wounded victim part at the end of each tirade is a touch of comedy gold that never fails to entertain.:D

Last edited:
Caporegime
You are absolutely hilarious, and this is repeat behaviour from you seen in many threads. You're a narcissist of epic proportions, and completely self delusional. The attempt at playing the wounded victim part at the end of each tirade is a touch of comedy gold that never fails to entertain.:D

Well that sums it up better than i could lol

ARE WE NOT ENTERTAINED?!?

Oh Richdog, I was wondering when you would show up sniffing about for the left overs :p

I'm not getting into an argument with people over compressed audio.

Many people can watch standard Definition. I just can't :p

Its clear people are beating themselves up over not hearing a difference. Don't worry just be happy that you can have cheaper subscription streaming services without fear of listening to lack lustre music files:p

Remember cows in a field are just happy with their lot :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
Diverting attention away from The Easyrider Show for a moment, can someone please recommend a good extension cable (and I did a thread search but no results)? 3m just isn't long enough. :)

Associate
Not really sure it's worth this "discussion" continuing. It's clear Easyrider is convinced and others aren't and nobody is changing their mind. At this point it's just starting to look like trolling and insults which is a shame.

Caporegime
Diverting attention away from The Easyrider Show for a moment, can someone please recommend a good extension cable (and I did a thread search but no results)? 3m just isn't long enough. :)

http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/nordost-heimdall-2-headphone-cable

You will really notice the difference :rolleyes::p

Available terminations

• 2x mini XLR to 4 pin XLR male (Use with Audeze: LCD-3, LCD-2, LCD-XC, LCD-X and Abyss: AB-1266)
•1x 3 pin mini XLR to 4 pin XLR male (Use with AKG: K712)
• 2x push-pull to 4 pin XLR male (Use with Sennheiser: HD 800)
• 2x 2 pin to 4 pin XLR male (Use with Sennheiser: HD 650, HD 600)• 1x 3.5mm stereo mini to 4 pin XLR male (Use with Ultrasone: Signature Pro)
• (2x) 4 pin Hirose Push-Pull to 4 pin XLR (male) (Use with MrSpeakers: Alpha Dog, Mad Dog)
• (2x) SMC to 4 pin XLR male (Use with HiFiMAN: HE-6, HE-560, HE-500, HE-400, HE-4, HE-300)
• SME connector, (use with HiFiMAN Headphone models HE-6, HE-560, HE500, HE-400, HE-4 and HE-300)

Caporegime
Not really sure it's worth this "discussion" continuing. It's clear Easyrider is convinced and others aren't and nobody is changing their mind. At this point it's just starting to look like trolling and insults which is a shame.

Indeed.

A real shame. I have huge respect for people in the audio forum but some people have let themselves down in this thread.

Caporegime
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisual-S-F...1463404236&sr=8-6&keywords=3m+3.5mm+extension

You don't need anything more than that. Unless you're a berk, but you're not a berk Richdog :p

Audiophile babble is what it is. You're just trolling this thread.

Cheers mrk. However that's a 3.5mm connection, is there an equivalent one that simply provides a pure 6.35mm to 6.35mm extension? I can't seem to find a suitable one on Amazon.

:p

Richdog, what are you doing to need more than 3m :eek:

The receiver to my sofa is around 3.5m, so I'd need a 4m length to be able to be able to sit semi-comfortably with it on. 5m would be ideal. :)

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Hmm to be honest you did make a claim that there was a “night and day” difference in one song, when nobody else heard this difference you then changed it to another song, then another… Same result again.

I’m quite confident you’re not actually hearing a night and day difference, but wanting to hear it instead. None of the albums or songs mentioned are particular superbly mastered to begin with and have audible noise floors at high volume. They’re good tracks but I’ve heard higher quality masters from other artsists and even on those it’s hard to tell any difference between Lossless / Vorbis / mp3 where each one has been transcoded using quality encoders/settings.

Generally speaking, the missing data in high quality compressed audio is beyond normal human hearing anyway so any differences would be very, very small. Certainly not night and day difference. This is why I always raise an eyebrow when someone makes a fantastical claim like that.

Cheers mrk. However that's a 3.5mm connection, is there an equivalent one that simply provides a pure 6.35mm to 6.35mm extension? I can't seem to find a suitable one on Amazon.

Just use a 6.35mm adapter. An adapter won't add any extra resistance to the cable from all the ohms measurements I did back in the Fidelio X1 cable-gate days.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Back
Top Bottom