Sennheiser HD650 - The classic beauty in a grey dress Appreciation thread!

Associate
OP
I do miss the comfort of the X2. They sounded really good with some of the Japanese mixed with american rap tracks I have, actually better than any other headphones I have with that type of music but they couldn't resolve for sheet.

Please Philips, make a resolving, musical headphone with the same comfort and I will buy them.

C64

C64

Soldato
I do miss the comfort of the X2. They sounded really good with some of the Japanese mixed with american rap tracks I have, actually better than any other headphones I have with that type of music but they couldn't resolve for sheet.

Please Philips, make a resolving, musical headphone with the same comfort and I will buy them.

Interesting, I find the 650 much more comfortable than the fidelios.

The 650 are lighter and hug your head.

Soldato
ha fair play ;)

Had to be done. Relatively little used pair in the MM for £160. Was going to go new for £235 so a decent saving.

Probably going to keep all three I have now, though I really would like one.

AKG K550 MK2 for late night gaming to avoid waking anyone up, though someone at work might buy them off me.

Fidelio X2 for gaming and occasional bass head music.

HD650 for music.

:D

C64

C64

Soldato
Had to be done. Relatively little used pair in the MM for £160. Was going to go new for £235 so a decent saving.

Probably going to keep all three I have now, though I really would like one.

AKG K550 MK2 for late night gaming to avoid waking anyone up, though someone at work might buy them off me.

Fidelio X2 for gaming and occasional bass head music.

HD650 for music.

:D
Good one, I overpaid for my 650's £195 as I thought were mint but they had sweat marks and look like they'd had a solid month of use.
Just shows you have to be very careful of what people say and what the reality is.

Associate
I have had my HD650's for a good 8-9 years now, im surprised to see this thread giving them so much praise after so long, sadly mine rarely get used and maybe see 20minutes of use a month max.

I have them paired with a Asus Xonar Essence One Amp and they sound very nice, i was considering sending them off for a re-furb as i am sure it used to cost a fixed price of £50, looking last night it seems to now cost £90 unless i am looking at the wrong website, value of the headphones is probably max £100 so i guess its not worth it.

Associate
OP
How do you know this ? they look identical to me ?

The material Senn uses is different. It's been documented quite a lot about how bright and harsh they sound with third party pads. The pads are part of the HD650's tuning and any pads that ain't Senn pads will change the sound.

Soldato
How do you know this ? they look identical to me ?

I used 3rd party pads. I hated paying £40 for new ones but if you actually want your £200+ headphones to sound like £200+ headphones then you just have to suck it up.

From my love of HD598 I think I actually like bright and harsh sounds but they were not good. Music sounds all squashed together and mushy. Bleh.

You're welcome to try them if you want.

Soldato
these headphones are breathtaking btw.

They are indeed, especially with the UD-H01 as well. :D

Something will seriously have to impress me this side of £500 for me to ever part with my (second) HD650's. Even crappy chart music sounds good. Even sticking on 'Zara Larsson - Lush Life' through Spotify premium makes it sound good. There are loads of little nuances in the track you just do not hear otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom