Serious lack of good PC games out there

Soldato
Area51 (Decent FPS with old school gameplay run+shoot+basic puzzles. Gfx in places are very good. The level design + content is the best feature about this game though).

Total Overdose (GTA style Mexician themed 3rd & 1st person FPS. very catchy music. Gfx are a little better than GTAVC. Runs very well on newish PC's). Lot of fun to play.

Evil Dead Regeneration (Arcade action/adventure. Gfx are reasonable,sound is outstanding as Bruce Campbell gives you his full on Ash humour).

Obscure (Reasonable 3rd person survival horror based in an american high school. Gfx + sound are ok. Gameplay is the usual solve basic puzzles with a slight twist as you control up to 3 different characters to solve certain problems).

All these sold poorly on the PC and are available on DVD only in the UK (GAME were selling each one for between £10-15 each).

Doom3 Ressurection Of Evil expansion pack (Better than Doom3. Gfx improved as is the level content. Still the same old shoot, run,dodge basic puzzles though. IMO the game Doom3 should have been).

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (Best in the series graphically as now supports SM3.0. Needs a very powerful PC + Gfx to run @ high details though. Gameplay is the same old however).

Man of Honour
Area51 is decidedly average in my book, although I've only played about two thirds of the way through. It's the most blatant console port you will ever see, looking very bland, very few tweakable options, unlockable content, and an annoying bug where jump doesn't always work if your framerate gets too high (around 100fps). I've got stuck at one section and have lost motivation to play.

Back
Top Bottom