SETI@Home News Vol. 183 20th July - 26th July 2012

Associate
No SETI for me at present as my 560Ti has been RMA'ed & credit is poor for the CPU wu's in comparison. I've also had problem getting & sending work but that is more to do with the servers being down @ B0rkeley

Associate
250k!

cpartcert1.php

Associate
Well.....

Been a little bored today, so I've just purchased a few bits and bobs

Once assembled it will be added to my 'what seems to be' ever expanding SETI Farm.

But made a promise to myself that I won't exceed five PC's......

So the list so far is:

skynet

gaurdian

colossus

redqueen

With the final addition to be called:

theturk

Will be GPU only (as is redqueen) - but as redqueen is powered by two EVGA GTX 480's.....theturk will be powered by two EVGA GTX 570 classifieds.

Sorry TBag.....the thought of you having three 590's was just too much

:D :D :D :D

Associate
Well.....

New supplies arrived today at 1pm and was fully assembled by 3pm

Currently at work so not had a chance to see if it lives.

2 core Celeron at it's heart - but it'll be more than enough to power two GTX570 classified's (which should hopefully arrive on Thursday).

Decided to name it whitequeen (instead of theturk).

I'll stick a couple of GT430's in it for now just to get it up and running - so hopefully I should be able to break the 300k rac barrier within the next few weeks :D

BTW: I decided to house everything in a Xigmatek Pantheon case and for £35.99 I don't think you can get a better case. In fact - I'd go as far as to say that it is as good as most cases bordering on the £100 mark.

Associate
Very nice going Mr Loudbob, impressive indeed. I don't think you'll be far off top 10 RAC in the world once your scores settle down.

I'm still running with a 470 down so struggling to hit 6 figures these days... that and that fact I'm playing far too much BF3 which is limiting my crunch time :D I'll keep an eye on MM for a new card (now that I have returned from a little weeks excursion from the forums courtesy of the mods :o)

Associate
Update: the two GTX 570 Classified arrived earlier :D

They have been installed and are running @ 900MHz Core

So, I suppose I'd better issue the following:

To: Mr ToxicTBag
Re: Parp

Dear Sir,

I regret to inform you that due to your current performance and the recent improvements I have made - you have less than 6 days to either improve your rac or clean up your cell ready to vacate.

Kind Regards

LB

Soldato
OP
Update: the two GTX 570 Classified arrived earlier :D

They have been installed and are running @ 900MHz Core

So, I suppose I'd better issue the following:

To: Mr ToxicTBag
Re: Parp

Dear Sir,

I regret to inform you that due to your current performance and the recent improvements I have made - you have less than 6 days to either improve your rac or clean up your cell ready to vacate.

Kind Regards

LB

To:Mr Loudbob Sah
Re:parp

I cannot deny i will be a bit miffed at being parped n' passed in such a decisive manner. But as you pointed out with my current performance i should expect no less than being trumped, at least its someone i know and respect, i wish you all the luck with your ever advanceing output and am sure while i am buisy ejecting pram toys the Team will appreciate your enormous efforts and dedication.

:(

Associate
(BTW, given up with Folding. Got fed up with the points BS. 61m points and won't do any more)

First and foremost......

It's all about the science :) points is just an added bonus.

As for SETI - probably best to just pick a nice GPU (or two) and run them using the cheapest board/cpu combo you can find.

Just look at my set-up:

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/hosts_user.php?userid=8257177

As you can see - two of my rigs are using just gpu's powered by a celeron & sempron. When they settle down I don't expect them to be too far behind the rig powered by the 2600k with two 570's.

Me......

I'm just a sucker who thinks there be aliens out there - thats why I have 12 high end(ish) gpu's helping out :D

Associate
PARP!!!

Meridian......

Considering your overwhelming ability at slacking.....it should come as no surprise that I issue you with the following:

PARP!!!

I'd normally expect you to clean up your cell as I shall be moving in within the next 3 days, but...... I suspect that you may have already left given your lack of work this year.

I do look forward to the time when (if) you decide to return to the cause - if you need any help.....just shout :D

Kind Regards

LB

P.S.

BA you have less than 2 months and ReaVer not much more.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom