setting up a PoCo X3 question

Soldato
I have spent a hour or so trying to get my new X3 to fire up.
It came yesterday so put it on charge.
Today I put two sim cards it and switched on.-
I get a grey screen with MIUI 12 on it and right arrow button.
Tapped arrow and set it to English.
Tap - Set it to United kingdom.
Arrow again and get BB -WiFi - set up my wifi and it says connected- WiFi 5--link speed 866mbps- signal strength excellent. Security WPA/WPA2 - The phone is also showing on my BT home hub as 5G -my old phone is 2.4G
arrow next and get terms and conditions - tapped each one and scrolled to bottom in case I need to click anything.
That's as far as it goes - It is not showing any icons or home screen.
The only thing I have found is if a tap left or right side of MIUI screen in different places the camera slides open from the right- I can switch from front to rear camera but can't take a picture as there isn't any buttons.
Press left/return arrow and it goes back to MIUI 12 page,
I rang my phone number but it went straight to answer machine.

Thats it. Either I am extremely stupid (my guess) or there is a problem or perhaps although it says WiFi is connected it isn't.

I am at a total loss - When I had my Honor 8X everything just worked from word go.
I did go to PoCo chat but forget that.

Has anyone any ideas "Please"

Soldato
OP
There must be someone who has bought this phone and set it up - did you get the same 4 pages to start with - if so what happened next -Mine just does nothing - I don't know if it's me or the phone. - I have never had this problem before.

Soldato
OP
restarted it more times than I have had hot dinners- done with sim card in and out -used another sim card -Done forget wifi -reconnected more times than I have had hot puddings-- One more option is to take it over road to a mate -if he can't do it then looks like a return.
Wish I had got it from Amazon.

Soldato
OP
Dumb head - dumb head - I knew it would be something simple and it was - Terms and conditions tick box - I scrolled down all 4- page at a time and didn't see one - took it over the road to a mate and there it was right by the side of terms at the top - Normally it's at bottom after you read terms -
My only solace is my eyes are not that good - I blame them for my stupidity.

I don't belieeeeve it. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom