Setting up my Fujitsu FDX310 Modem with Redhat 8.0...Help!

Man of Honour
You should try to find out why people are having problems with installing it on Redhat 8, since it might be it that other distros use the same thing that the modem doesn't agree with. You try something like Slackware or Gentoo if you like :) ... if it's something to do with the kernel ... you can try it with a vanilla kernel to see if it works.

Associate
OP
ive looked at a few other linux distros but i like the look of redhat more :D i have an ethernet adsl modem but its the 2nd cack one ive received (cant ping it) so it going back (again) 3rd time luck hopefully, then i wont have to worry about the modem drivers. As for gentoo, where do i store the tarballs if i download them from windows? if i put them on cd how to i copy them to the hdd from the gentoo command line thing?

Man of Honour
Just burn them onto a cd. When your installing untar it directly from the cd to your /mnt/gentoo directory ... you'll see when you install it. Even with the tarballs above you'll still require a net connection for downloading the kernel sources and stuff like vcron and metalog. I think theres an iso with it all on at the Gentoo site.

Whats the problem your having with the ADSL modem? (The one your sending back?)

Associate
OP
The prob with the ADSL modem im sending back is that although i have my IP and Subnet set correct and I have checked the modem settings are correct though using the CLI and setting them to the same subnet and same ip group (192.168.0.1 modem and 192.168.0.2 PC) i cant ping it, the first one i got didnt even sync with the PC and this one i cant ping, hope the 3rd one is better, BTW its a SAR-703.

Back
Top Bottom