Setting up RGB with components from different providers

Associate
Hi all,

I have several RGB components in my system that I am trying to utilize but I run into some compatibility issues.

My motherboard is ASRock Creator TRX40 which has 2x 3-pin aRGB and 2x 4-pin RGB headers
I intend to connect:
- 7x EK Vardar EVO RGB fans which have each 1x 3-pin aRGB female and 1x 4-pin PWN female cable
- EK Velocity CPU water block with 1x 3-pin aRGB female connection
- EK Lian Li O11 XL distro plate LEDs with 1x 3-pin aRGB female connection
- EK Vector GPU water block with 1x 3-pin aRGB female connection
- Corsair K70 keyboard
- Corsair H1000i PSU

I intended to use Commander Pro but only realized that there is 5V vs 12V incompatibility issue with this set up after installation (i know but too late now).

So far I have successfully connected fans via 4-pin cable to Commander Pro and i can see their speed on iCUE panel but no RGB obviously. Keyboard and PSU are working fine.

I have 2x 1-to-3 splitter with 4-pin female into 2x 3-pin male and 1x 4-pin male and 4x 1-to-2 splitter with 4-pin female into 4-pin and 3-pin male.

I would really appreciate some advice how to make this work as I am getting lost in all these voltage differences etc.

So far I figured out that I could get aRGB 5V to 12V RGB adapters and plug them into 2x Corsair LED hubs.. but I am unsure if it will work? Since the EK controller is not available cause they are fixing the software as far as i understand I have to stick to 3rd party.

Obviously I would prefer avoiding fan replacement altogether..

Thanks for any thoughts
Michal

Soldato
My EK water blocks came with 12v RGB and 5v aRGB strips, the aRGB ones I’ve got working by hooking up a Corsair Commander Pro..

In fact with a lightning node pro / commander pro I’ve got:
- 3x ml140 RGB fans
- EK monoblock
- EK 1080ti FE water block
- Phanteks Evolv-X case RGB

And via the new Corsair-Asus support, my Asus X470 Prime Pro..
The only thing I’ve not sussed out is the Trident Z RGB RAM which I can set with the Asus lighting app

Associate
OP
I have used a aRGB 12 way splitter with its own SATA cable and plugged it all into one aRGB on the mobo and voila!

Back
Top Bottom