Sharepoint documents backup

Soldato
We are looking at the possibility of moving our file share into Sharepoint but wondered if anyone can recommend a suitable backup solution. We have around 25GB of data so nothing huge but would like to ensure its being backed up somewhere.

Our current set up is an 8 year old Synology NAS acting as a network share internally so I could use that although it could be prudent to upgrade the drives or the whole thing given the age if its a possibilty?

Any pointers appreciated thanks.

Edit - We also have 2 USB HDD's that we backup to alternatively.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is the backup for DR or retention? As the recycle bin can be set to 90 days irc coupled with data retention policy's should cover most backup scenarios.
I suspect if sharepoint online goes down MS will have it backup and running far quicker than invoking your own DR procedures.

I like the idea backing up sharepoint outside of it owns capacity but don't really see the need imo, happy to be corrected though :)

Associate
Is the backup for DR or retention? As the recycle bin can be set to 90 days irc coupled with data retention policy's should cover most backup scenarios.
I suspect if sharepoint online goes down MS will have it backup and running far quicker than invoking your own DR procedures.

I like the idea backing up sharepoint outside of it owns capacity but don't really see the need imo, happy to be corrected though :)

Check out Microsoft's Shared Responsibility Model. They are responsible for getting the platform back online, but the data is the customers responsibility. There are no guarantees on them recovering any lost customer data.

Back
Top Bottom