Shed

Ali

Ali

Associate
Replicant said:
I would block those windows if i were you (if its for storage of expensive items) had a number of shed thefts over the years :(

That's my biggest concern tbh - all "off the shelf" sheds you tend to see have rather flimsy windows and doors. Personally I would have to reinforce them somehow

Bar

Bar

Soldato
To be honest some decent polycarb should do the job and does not need to be too thick.

One of the best deterrents though is nice big PIR flood lights - you can also fit alarms to them for very little money.

Soldato
Think I'll be going for one of the high-security jobs with slit-windows near the roof. Last one was a chalet-style with 4 big windows and I did worry about it getting broken into. Prefer wood though as it's easier to 'customise' :D Heh, 'Pimp my shed' would be a great TV programme.

A lot of the cheaper ones seemed really flimsy - reinforced mine with 2" battens floor to ceiling then lined it with plywood. Also put down t&g chipboard loft flooring (tho you need to coat it with something like floorpaint to avoid it absorbing water + blowing).

Had a good security promotion round our way - local police were giving away seriously meaty door bars for sheds, goes right across the door with padlocks at either end.

Back
Top Bottom