sheffield or leeds?

Associate
im looking to move to either sheffield or leeds. I need a fresh start and i've decided its either one of the 2. I cant decide which one to move to though. Ive looked at house prices, things to do and i just can't decide. The only thing making me worry is the crime in leeds with recent raids, a woman getting followed during the day! Im moving by myself and just a bit nervous. If theres any advise as to which city I should move to please do let me know!

Associate
I'm afraid I cannot comment on Sheffield. I have visited Leeds a few times and as someone who is a "Southerner" and I came away thinking that Leeds is a nice place and I would happily live! Sadly crime is understandably a factor. When compared to other cities, I have not researched in detail but compared to other cities in the UK; I would imagine below national levels (I hope).

As an aside, I spent most of my childhood living on the outskirts of York and would have no qualms relocating back up north, the prices in the south east are bordering on silly.

Soldato
i suppose it depemds on your budget and what sort of area you could live in ,they both have some really nice countryside near ,i used to get to temple newsam a fair bit and adel area
but its infinetly better down here

Associate
OP
Sheffield is an awesome city full of awesome people and will be where I eventually move back to if I cannot get out of the UK. I love how everything is quite close together too, whereas Leeds is absolutely massive and requires taxis.
I dont mind that its massive. I have always been a city person and I like travelling as weird as that sounds. I do like sheffield I have been there a few times, i went to leeds recently and I liked it but im just so unsure on everything

Associate
Because London is awful.

To work in I agree, the amount of rude cretins I encounter on a daily basis would affirm this view.

Then again, I doubt myself, usually when I walk past sites such as The Tower of London, House of Parliament - I have to pinch myself - When you catch at the right moment, just breathtaking.

Associate
OP
:D Only joking. If your looking for a fresh start in a good city my choice would be Manchester. It’s such a diverse vibrant place with bags of character and a great night life

its more expensive though. plus i love the yorkshire accent. im not about nightlife, i hardly ever go out due to my job.

Back
Top Bottom