** SHIELD TABLET RECALL!!!!!! **

OcUK Staff
This is official from NVIDIA, we are informing our customers who should check their tablet and if it is a model which needs recall to contact NVIDIA.

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Recall Notice

Dear NVIDIA tablet owner,

NVIDIA has determined that the battery in its SHIELD tablets that were sold between July 2014 and July 2015 can overheat, posing a fire hazard.

NVIDIA is voluntarily recalling and replacing these tablets at no cost.

Please visit www.nvidia.com/support/tabletrecall for information on how to obtain a replacement device. Please stop using the tablet immediately, except as needed to participate in the recall and back up your data. After you register for the recall, you will receive a replacement tablet.

Tablets with model numbers P1761, P1761W and P1761WX and serial numbers 0410215901781 through 0425214604018 are included in this recall. The recall does not affect any other NVIDIA products.

This is a worldwide recall. NVIDIA is coordinating with appropriate governmental authorities to ensure that the recall follows established regulatory practices.

For more information and to register for the recall, please visit www.nvidia.com/support/tabletrecall, or in the United Kingdom: 0-808-189-3133

Thank you,
NVIDIA

Soldato
Think Nvidia should be commended here tbh.

Nope, they will have been forced to do this. They did absolutely nothing about the ridiculous number of laptop GPUs that failed, because they didn't have to. There wasn't any sort of health or injury risk with them so they tried their best to pretend it didn't happen.

With lithium batteries, they have to do something about it, it's not something they can just pretend isn't happening. So no, they don't deserve any commendations at all.

Man of Honour
yeah. nvidia are just protecting themselves. not yours.

it goes like this:
is the product faulty? -> yes

is the cost of a recall more than litigation -> no *sticks their middle finger at consumers*

if litigation costs more than recall -> recall *acts like a knight in shining armour*

Soldato
They did recall certain MGPU. If i remember correctly it was DELL that picked up their own slack, but failed to mention their cooling implementation was inadequate, and after repairing / re flowing tons of D series Latitudes i can confirm that it definitely was insufficient. People should start caring less about if NVIDIA wants to molly coddle and just be glad that they are.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm affected :(

just done the return procedure, backup, reset and now the tabllet won't turn back on. Got an email saying a new tablet will be shipped in 2 - 4 weeks, damn i wanted it for my holiday in 3 weeks!

Mine is still like new, better not fob me off with a scruffy referb...

Soldato
not doing it until weekend is over tbh.

but good job on Nvidia for not having us to send it back. the end of the day the battery company will be getting the bill. I bet theirs a contract covering all of this for them :)

Back
Top Bottom