** SHIELD TABLET RECALL!!!!!! **

Soldato
A company makes something that is defective and could end up bursting into fire and potentially burn houses or people alive and you want too commend them?

And Ford once sold a car that would explode in a rear end collision.

The difference is that Nvidia are choosing to warn people and have issued a recall giving customers brand new replacements, this is what they are being commended on, their response to the problem.

By comparison Ford decided that the cost of a recall would be more than the cost of lawsuits from victims families, this lead to them being condemned when the internal memo got leaked.

See the difference?

Permabanned
We wont be stocking again.

Cmon you big tease do tell? Is there going to be a 64bit Android version coming soon like in the Nexus or are Nvidia going to exit the market after only one year? There is an Acer tablet coming too but Shield is the only one that floats my boat.

I could end up waiting until 2016 and the launch of 4K tablets tbh.:rolleyes:

Soldato
its not nvidia fault, the batteries could have looked very good on paper. only later to find out the battery maker has dodgy batteries

So they didn't test them? No QC? ;)

See the difference?

Number of fords which exploded: Unsure, but reading that 180 people were killed.
Number of Shield tablets that burned and killed people: Unsure, guessing none yet?

Difference is... I doubt the Shield has killed anyone yet by exploding! ;)

NVIDIA are ultimately covering themselves for any legal proceedings from faulty batteries, if one were to burn now and take down a flight they would not be 100% to blame as they have issued the recall.

Soldato
So they didn't test them? No QC? ;)

Number of fords which exploded: Unsure, but reading that 180 people were killed.
Number of Shield tablets that burned and killed people: Unsure, guessing none yet?

Difference is... I doubt the Shield has killed anyone yet by exploding! ;)

NVIDIA are ultimately covering themselves for any legal proceedings from faulty batteries, if one were to burn now and take down a flight they would not be 100% to blame as they have issued the recall.

Not everyone will be aware of the recall though, how does it work then?

Soldato
As far as I'm aware the fact they have issued one covers them as they are aware 'beyond reasonable doubt' of the fault, if a claimant is not prior to the time of any 'incident'.

Associate
Hmmmm...
Had some confirmation SMS of a delivery by DXdelivery to my house tomorrow and the only thing I'm expecting to be delivered there...... is the replacement tablet....

Will update once I know for sure...

Ahhhhhh... Turns out it's my Foo Fighters ticket for the rescheduled Murrayfield gig! Hahaaa! Even better to be honest...=)

Last edited:
Associate
just had a huge box show up no messages were given saying it was on it way . Anyway in box is new tablet and another box to send old one somewhere .Mine version was the lte version

Back
Top Bottom