** SHIELD TABLET RECALL!!!!!! **

Associate
I haven't had any actual instruction as to how to get the old one picked up?
I mean, there's a box and packing materials with a return address delivery sticker on it...
But no info on if theres someone per-organised to pick it up or are they expecting I'm going to phone/organize it?

Also has anyone started up the new one and had the old one "deactivated" yet??

Remote deactivation a bluff?

Soldato
ManuelG has been on reddit to say they don't really care if you send the old one in, its for your convenience

There are instructions on XDA on how to prevent the kill switch, but if you have already activated your new one it might be too late

Associate
Maybe?.... Or maybe after doing a factory reset expecting the tablet to be deactivated once they started up the new one... They found they had two working tablets?... :D

Who knows?... "cough bluff cough"

Associate
Associate
Got my new one, and fault speaker,

Just spent an hour on chat to try and get an advance ram they won't send a new one unless I send the faulty one back and advised it may be repaired, absolute joke. The original tablet works fine still, won't be sending any back and have sent complaint in to see what they offer, can't see how they can deactivate old tablet

Fergin

Associate
I've read through the article and I'm still unsure how to save my old tablet.

Do you need to install a new ROM?, or delete certain files?, or system restore?...or what?....:confused::confused::confused:

Associate
I've read through the article and I'm still unsure how to save my old tablet.

Do you need to install a new ROM?, or delete certain files?, or system restore?...or what?....:confused::confused::confused:

If you want to stick with the stock rom you have to delete files and take measures to stop the ota update from bricking your device(instructions on XDA forum), if you flash a custom rom you don't have to worry about it, this is the safest option.

still not had mine, or any shipping details through via email. :(

I never had any notification the replacement was dispatched, I was lucky somebody was in to sign for it.

Soldato
I had an email from DPD saying my parcel is out for delivery yesterday (sender is nvidia) then I had an email saying they haven't yet received my parcel so right now I have no idea what is happening.

Soldato
I had an email from DPD saying my parcel is out for delivery yesterday (sender is nvidia) then I had an email saying they haven't yet received my parcel so right now I have no idea what is happening.

It caught fire enroute and burned down the DPD van, your driver was Mark, Nvidia have sent a ham to his widow and a new tablet will be shipped soon.

Soldato
mine came today not started it up yet till i sort the old one.

in the box it came in was a roll of parcel tape a bag of what i believe are flame retardant stuff and a plastic bag. not taking any chances are they.

Associate
So, I just received my new one yesterday with a shed load of packaging. I factory reset my old one and it's still working fine.

Was the deactivation thing just a scare tactic?

Associate
So, I just received my new one yesterday with a shed load of packaging. I factory reset my old one and it's still working fine.

Was the deactivation thing just a scare tactic?

Of course not, they're rolling out an update which will brick your old tablet. I've read you need to factory reset after it's installed and then your tablet will be bricked. But I won't be confirming that any time soon, installed a custom rom as soon as the new one was received.

You can check below

http://shield.bogdacutu.me/

Back
Top Bottom