1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shock Horror.. I bought a Motor Bike

Discussion in 'Motors' started by SgtTupac, 27 Jul 2006.

1. SgtTupac

PermaBanned

Ive finally purchased my first motor bike! :o Ive just bought an 03 Plate Yamaha DT125 with kick start. Its on 5k miles and is absolutely mint! :D Gotta book my CBT and i cant wait to get out on it! Its all black as well :D Got 12 months tax and 12 months mot and insurance is £188 Third Party only. Not bad, just hoping i can carry out the CBT without being too much off a wobbler! Ill get some pics when i bring it home! :)

2. rs125

Gangster

CBT is sooooooo easy mate...i went into mine not knowing how to change gears at all!...if you fail it then post that you have cus i want to take the **** :D

3. toy_soldier

PermaBanned

Do they teach you everything in just 1 day or something? Ive only ever been on a motorcross bike twice and was fine changing gears but found it hard to start off without shooting forward and doing wheelies!

4. TaKeN

Capodecina

You go there.

They sit you down, tell you about what to wear and not etc,

then you go and ride around some cones,

then you go back and watch some videos and stuff

then you go out on a two our road ride

You only fail if you are uber carp :p

5. PyroboyUK

Wise Guy

Its soo hard to fail the CBT lol, My mate had to do it again when during the rideout on his fairly new Aprilia Sr50 he for somereason though that to turn at 20 mph you just turn the bars, i.e like a Push bike, Took me a while to stop laughing bout it. Get your CBT done and then go onto the full license

6. Andr3w

Capodecina

What exacly is a CBT? I thought it was a full motor bike license:o

7. Jamie1984

Gangster

yep everything in a day. before my cbt id never been on a motorbike and the whole '1 down 5 up' gear system had me confused, but after spending the day doing the cbt i was confident and now have myself a cagiva mito 125 (and im bloody loving it!)

8. toy_soldier

PermaBanned

Compulsory basic training iirc, I think it just gives you the ability to ride on the roads with L plates.

9. Jonny69

Man of Honour

Correct, up to a 125 with 14hp.

And SgtTupac welcome to the wacky world of two wheels :D

10. zenith10

Wise Guy

ive got my cbt booked for saturday, bit nervous because ive never rode on the road

11. noob

Perma Banned

It's easy, they assume no prior knowledge of motorbikes.

12. SgtTupac

PermaBanned

Got my CBT next Thursday! Cant wait now! Only now told my mother i got a bike lol. She wasnt happy. Ah well

13. atpbx

Capodecina

Well done for joining the gay horde.

it will be leather chaps and jokes about throbing lumps between your thighs from now untill the day you realise cars are much better at everything.

14. SgtTupac

PermaBanned

Great input.. Considering i have a Rover GSI Turbo.. Why limit yourself? Plus im not wearing leathers. Im wearing something else :)

15. Scuzi

Man of Honour

I think he was joking ;)

Great choice of bike. If you get your full licence you can unleash a bit more power from it for a couple of hundred quid. The DT125R rocks :cool:

16. eidolon

Capodecina

So what's involved if I wanna get myself a 125?

Do I just get myself along to the CBT place, do the test and I'm ok to ride up to a 125 as long as I have L plates on?

I've never ridden a bike (apart from my mini moto :D) but I passed my test back in 1992.

17. Demon

Soldato

If you driven on roads in a car you will be fine. It's normal to feel a little 'open' and intimidated at first since cars suddenly take on a new feeling of threat, but after a while you'll but ok!

18. SgtTupac

PermaBanned

Yup, basically get your CBT done and ride away :p Ive not riden a bike either.. So ill let ya know how i get on! :p

19. Scuzi

Man of Honour

That's pretty much it. You'll probably want to upgrade to something a bit quicker after a while so it might be best to go for the DAS. You can do the CBT, ride with L plates for a while and if you decide you like it, just go for the DAS then :D

Pimpage of my DT125R video - http://www.scuzi.eclipse.co.uk/dtjump.avi

125's are fun :D

Last edited: 28 Jul 2006
  20. atpbx

Capodecina

Limit myself or people limiting themselves in general?

Got something against gays fella? ;)

Cars are better than bikes.

I was well over 130 at some points on the way back from mablethope last week with the wife on the back of my VTR, it was as exciting as watching paint dry.

Done that same road in my van and car and had a lot more fun.