ShootersPool Official - Thread

Soldato
BETA Sign Up! - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...ANs8ICr6UXTn29yRS4XGY3c5T6Ng/viewform?c=0&w=1

Subscription Plans
One Day = 1.5 Euro
One Month = 2.50 Euro
Three Month = 4.00 Euro
Six Month = 7.00 Euro
One Year = 12.00 Euro

Very well priced tbf well happy with that pricing.

SHOOTERSPOOL | A BIG STEP FORWARD IN BILLIARDS GAMES SIMULATION

ShootersPool was born with the aim of offering a new game experience to all billiards fans, transferring this great sport to a virtual world.

The advanced physics engine was created to offer a unique game experience which makes it look like real to the maximum. It has got amazing visual effects thanks to the advanced techniques of processing graphics used in the modeling, the texturing and the lighting of surroundings, tables, cues and balls.

ShootersPool has been created by a billiards player for billiards players and it intends to become a model for billiards games and simulators.

You will be able to practice some aspects of real billiards game, it will help you to improve your game level and it will reproduce your shots and practice once and again faster than in real situations.

PHYSICAL ACCURACY
ShootersPool’s most important characteristic is its fidelity to reality in the behavior of the balls and their reactions, the table and the cues. We think that billiards games must resemble reality as much as possible and it is fundamental the perfect simulation of the behavior of all the elements.

Contrary to what might be thought, this fact makes easier to play ShootersPool than to play any other less realistic games because you are able to predict much better what the balls are going to do once you shoot, just in the same way the balls would behave in real life.

With ShootersPool you will be able to carry out any shot in the same way as you would do in real situations: draw shots, follow shots, massé shots, … and you will have to take into account the same parameters as in real situations: the balls dirt, the friction between the balls, the wearing out of the billiards table covering-cloth, the hardness of the ferrule or the deflection of the cue ball in shots played with spin.

If you are interested in learning more about physics in billiards, we recommend you visit “Billiards and Pool Principles, Techniques, Resourde” by Dr.Dave Alciatore’s.

ULTRA DETAILED FX
ShootersPool uses the most advanced techniques of graphic processing. The modeling, the lighting and the texturing of the tables, cues, balls and locations have been treated carefully offering a whole realistic playing sensation to the player. You will appreciate the real fabric of each cloth, incredible decorations of each cue and all kinds of details on tables, balls and locations.

All accompanied by sound effects that reproduce perfectly the impact of the cues on the cue ball, the clash between balls, the impact with the cushions or the drop in the pockets, the ambient sounds and the reverb effects depending on the place where the game is developed.

ONLINE BILLIARDS GAME
We are sure that all billiards players want to compete and get the top of the charts.

Create your profile as a player in ShootersPool and you will have access to play matches and tournaments with players from all over the world. Besides, all the statistics of your games will be registered in your profile and, whenever you want, you will be able to consult the position you occupy in the rankings of the community.

Read more about the online gaming system by clicking here.

GAMEPLAY AND CHARACTERISTICS
Apart from the online game, you will also be able to enjoy ShootersPool without internet connection.

You will be able to practice and improve your playing quietly and without playing against other player. You will be able to distribute the balls on the table at your wish and improve your “point of ball” in order to beat every single opponent. Besides, the game has got a shot assistant so you will be able to activate some “help lines” to point your cue and improve, likewise, your training.

ShootersPool contains a lot of modalities of pool, snooker and carom so you will be able to improve those disciplines you dominate less.

Know the different billiards games present in ShootersPool clicking here.

MONEY AND VIRTUAL PRODUCTS
ShootersPool has got its own virtual currency with which you will be allowed to acquire budget virtual products such as cues, tables, sets of balls or playing rooms in a virtual shop. This way, you will be able to personalize and improve your equipment acquiring new accessories.

Besides billiard accessories, with the ShootersPool virtual currency you can also buy tournament entries, where you compete by achieving tournament points and virtual money.

BILLIARDS ITEMS
ShootersPool offers a great variety of cues, shafts, tables, cloths and sets of balls. All the items have been modeled in such a way that they resemble real ones as much as possible in order to offer the players a full immersion in the game.

Apart from the items included in the launching of the game, new content packs with new products will be available progressively in ShootersPool virtual shop. Have a look the items by clicking here.

SOFTWARE UPDATES
ShootersPool is a software that will be developed progressively. It will be updated regularly to offer new contents and characteristics to the players. All the updates will be free if you acquire the game before and have an online game suscription.

SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS
Recommended requirements
CPU: 2.5GHz
RAM: 2Gb
Graphics card: OpenGL 3.0 compatible, AMD Radeon HD 5750, NVidia GTX 460.
Network: Internet connection.
Web browser: Javascript enabled. Chrome, Internet Explorer 10, Windows Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Opera.
Free disk space: 3Gb

Minimum requirements
CPU: 1GHz
RAM: 2Gb
Graphics card: OpenGL 2.1 compatible.

Network: Internet connection.
Web browser: Javascript enabled. Chrome, Internet Explorer 10, Windows Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Opera.
Free disk space: 3Gb

http://blog.shooterspool.net/features-billiards-game-shooterspool/#requirements

Hands down the best snooker sim I have played, Its madness just how realistic this game is vs the real life game. I played Snooker a lot in my teens and early 20's and how I play is just like how I play on shootersPool its crazy.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Am a massive snooker fan, Enjoy playing the sport in real-life and games, my favorite game is 8ballclub Free to Play "Register Closed ATM"
This game looks really cool would love this to become a big thing.

Soldato
Op, thank you for the post.

Visually, looks great but as we know with Snooker, all about the physics.

Are they going "full sim"?

Could we finally have a game better than the Virtual Pool series with actual competent developers?

Is this a F2P title? If so, hopefully an option to pay one amount and own everything.

Watching the thread with anticipation.

Caporegime
cheers will check this out. love playing pool had full size pub table in house for years also played in leagues comps for donkies.great to see a decent game being developed.most have something missing with the fluidity of play.will try it out.

Soldato
I signed up for the beta.

One concerning note having noticed what is included in the free beta...

3 license activations
6 months of online gaming
1000 virtual coins

Licence activations? - DRM?

Seems odd for a F2P title?

I understand that developers need to make money but without knowing their full plans is difficult to understand what they are aiming for but the mention of "licence activations" does not bode well in my book.

I am not opposed to a F2P model for games as long as paying punters are not advantaged ingame and there is an option to pay a set amount to get "everything" just as you would a "standard" fixed price game, even if on a yearly basis.

Last edited:
Soldato
Oooh, the shooting system feels very natural :D

Snooker pockets feel like pool pockets but that is just minor at this point.

For a beta, this holds a LOT of potential.

Soldato
Awesome, really hope it's great. I grew up playing thousands of hours on Jimmy White Whirlwind Snooker back on the Amiga. It's probably still the best Snooker game I've played, in all those years nothing has come close. I did enjoy WSC 2011 though.

Soldato
OP
Pricing doesn't look all that bad, now am not sure if when game is released you need to pay monthly etc? But looking at the cues and tables they start at 1euro 4 euro the highest priced table.

Soldato
That was hilarious.

My game crashed too.

I am guessing the perfect storm of tie break and then white goes in-off, game did not know what to do maybe?

Oddly, it did log the score on my match history.

1 - 1

Good games dude.

Back
Top Bottom