1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shooting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zooankski, 8 Oct 2009.

1. zooankski

Hitman

Having just read another thread i wonder just how many people shoot either targets or hunt on this forum?
    Also has anyone used the software program chairgun on here?, did it prove accurate for you?

2. Slime101

PermaBanned

I've been looking into target shooting recently, its somthing ive wanted to take up for a long time however it seems for a noob like me its not that simple to get into.

3. Gunni Parker

Wise Guy

I go target shooting, not done it for a while though. I fire 22 air-rifles and .22 rimfire. Sometimes 357 and 44 caliber magnum rounds out of a good old winchester is aload of fun to. :)

4. Makhaira

Mobster

I shoot .22 rimmy, shotgun, airrifle for both target and hunting.

Chairgun is excellent software, but as with all ballistics programs, it's only as good as the data you feed it. If you're moving up to firearms, then look at the free offerings from Sako and Deben.

5. setter

Caporegime

I do a bit of game and clay shooting, and air rifles now and again. Ive also used rifles for a bit of target shooting and fox control.

6. Gunni Parker

Wise Guy

So whats this chairgun then?

7. al123

Wise Guy

I shoot clays and game but not as much as I would like.

8. zooankski

Hitman

you would be amazed at just how many air rifle target shooting clubs there are in the UK.
    Disciplines vary from field target to hunter field target which i find a lot more fun!
    I am secretary of one such club in cambs and we have seen membership boom over the last few years which i have put partly dow to the social stigma which has become attached to the hobby.
    If you are ever over my way then drop me a line and i will lend you one of my rifles for a trip around.

9. zooankski

Hitman

I have used it to plot my trajectories based on pellet weight, FPS, and distance. It is actually not bad at all although obviously a programme designed to work this sort of stuff out will never be 100%

10. Slime101

PermaBanned

That is a kind offer, sadly im in Devon however if i do get up that way i'll drop you a line :)

11. TaKeN

Capodecina

Sounds v.similar to a program that Hawke do for their scopes, Ballistics software. Click Me. Then take a look at the Hawke BRC Video on the bottom right

I personally shoot shotguns, clays ocasionally. Game and anything else that flys over the farm :p

I also shoot air rifles (Weihrauch HW100) but intend to apply for my FAC soon, I fancy a .17HMR :cool:

12. Reginald

Wise Guy

Clay pigeons :)

13. NightSt@lk3r

Sgarrista

Living on a 3500 acre farm what better is there to kill the time doing?

14. zooankski

Hitman

No problem-I always wondered where "lost" was and now i know:D

15. Snaggle

Mobster

Shoot most things . Air rifle/Shottie/rimfire/centrefire . Clays/Game etc Dont do as much now as doing my house up and moving soon .

Persil

16. zooankski

Hitman

Oh i can only dream of that:rolleyes:, I do have far too much land to shoot in Cambs already though and struggle to visit it all.However it has been a very busy year taking care of bugs and the ammount of Eley .22LR i have got through should entitle me to free shares in the company!

17. zooankski

Hitman

I just sold my CZ Varmint .17 HMR due to lack of use!, every time i reached in to my cabinet a .22 LR would emerge although it was a great bit of kit for 100 yard plus although a tad loud even when moderated. Go for it mate and enjoy!:D

18. Snaggle

Mobster

Lucky guy . When i lived in scotland i had 6000+ acres to shoot over . Only have about 80 now and when i move none unless i fancy an hours drive :(

Persil

19. Sankari

Caporegime

I used to do a bit of target shooting, but that was when I lived on a three-quarter acre block in Tasmania. Not so easy in the suburbs. :p

20. Muban

Soldato

It's been a very long time for me, mainly fullbore target rifle but did some pistol too. Gee it's even longer than I first remembered since I was out on a range.