shooting

Associate
I hunt every week. Ive used chairgun before but think it's rubbish. It told me I should have holdover at 50 yards of 6 inches!!!!!! PAH.

Associate
Have sgc and searching for the required land/permission to apply for fac. Have used a mates .22 rimmy and loved it. Have an ancient air rifle too which I have had for 20 odd years and enjoy hunting with it.

I'm occasionally allowed to shoot on a a local estate near me with game keepers permission. I do a bit of 'beating' for him so hopefully one day I'll get my own permission for the closed season (pigeons, rabbits etc).

Associate
OP
Have sgc and searching for the required land/permission to apply for fac. Have used a mates .22 rimmy and loved it. Have an ancient air rifle too which I have had for 20 odd years and enjoy hunting with it.

I'm occasionally allowed to shoot on a a local estate near me with game keepers permission. I do a bit of 'beating' for him so hopefully one day I'll get my own permission for the closed season (pigeons, rabbits etc).

Regarding FAC and land requirements, it varies massively and is totally dependant on the type of land and locality.An example would be .17 HMR granted for use on say 50 acres of hilly terrain (good back stops) or over 300 yards of flat countryside but not over 50 acres of flat terrain if that makes sense?
My first permission was on 8 acres with an FAC .22 air rifle and once i started the job of keeping rabbit numbers down and word spread then it just ballooned from there.
Good luck with the FAC and if you need any advice then feel free to give me a shout. One thing i would seriously recommend is to visit farms in your area and ask for permission. Explain that you are a responsible shooter who will respect thier property etc and see how it goes. My first attempt cost me a fortune in stamps and sae's and i got 1 reply to tell me NO THANKS!. A personal appearance goes a long long way.:)

Last edited:
Permabanned
everyday with my HW97K .177 with a VMatch kit
I use H&N FTT pellets

early hours in the morning( right after sunrise)I shot and normally hit 1 or 2 sparrows at 40/45 yards ,to keep my accuracy sharp

( sparrows are considered pest here)

Chairgun is a great program,pretty accurate IMO;)

Last edited:
Soldato
I have a SGC & FAC, regularly use a .17 HMR for vermin, also got a 6 shot pump action Remington 12 gauge which is great for pigeon shooting :)

Associate
OP
6 shot pump action in london for shooting pigeons:D actually i considered getting a FAC semi auto for pigeon but prefered using the rifles in the end for ground game. Still i guess i could look in to it as i do fancy one:D
Speaking of sparrows a bit further up-i have just realised that i have not seen a single one this year:(

Last edited:
Associate
Just targets here. I've never gone hunting or killed any animal with my rifle... I only have a BSA XL Tactical .177 springer and its great for targets. I set up my own array of spinners and paper targets. :)

Wise Guy
Soldato
Guns - yes ;)
Pictures - no I'm utter crap!

93049464.jpg

Back
Top Bottom