Should 360's run that hot ?

Soldato
dont forget that the USA has had them for months and theyve just launched down under, i doubt the british summer will kill any.

as for these overheating issues mines never been hot, it sits next to a shuttle pc aswell.

dirtydog said:
The symptoms MB describes, if it was a PC I would be saying it's the graphics card overheating, possibly because the heatsink isn't making a good enough contact with the GPU. So whether his 360 is faulty or whether moving the console to a better location will solve it, remains to be seen :)

wasnt there a screwed up batch of 360's where they left a protective plastic seal over the heatsink and the paste, try returning it 4 a new one

Caporegime
Yep mine chucks out loads of warm air from the back, Its like having a convector heater in the room. So I cut the back off the cabinet to reduce the tempreture and it worked fine.

Permabanned
da_mic_1530 said:
wasnt there a screwed up batch of 360's where they left a protective plastic seal over the heatsink and the paste, try returning it 4 a new one

IIRC it was a rumour which Microsoft dispelled by saying it is supposed to be like that :)

Permabanned
ElRazur said:
Hmmm on that note im thinking perhaps not enough rigourouss testing in terms of high temperature was done? If the temp is like this, and loads are breaking up already i wonder if any will survive in the tropical country?

I remember watching Gadgets (the programme) on channel 5 where B&O tv where tested at extremes of temperature and funny enough it works. Now that's the kind of test MS should have done i think.

High temperature testing is the easiest and cheapest form of testing to do to any product, cheaper than testing at cold temperatures, cheaper than vibration, cheaper than EMC, ingress protection and pretty much any other form of testing.

These 360's formed a "worldwide release". That means that they already exist in countries hotter, colder, more and less humid than ours and yet we are not hearing reports of 360's falling over to a greater degree than in the UK across southern Europe for example.

It is possible that MS forgot to perform lots of high temp operating testing ona product that generates heat and is basically a computer which have well known and well documented heat issues but you know what...... I really, really doubt it.

The units that are dying appear to be the earliest batches, there may well be a quality issue in the build or with a batch of components but I very much doubt it is related to testing of prototypes.

I might give MS a bell and ask them if they want to send a few hundred to my lab for testing :)

Permabanned
ElRazur said:
Im only giving my view and i still dont know why or i dont see the need for a 360, ive never liked them and im not about to now.
Limited choice of games, technical issues and various thread of "My 360 died" are just some of the reason why i refuse to pay for one, i havent seen a brand new console breakdown/have many technical issues like that before. That's my view and im sticking to it.

PS
I aint starting no fanboy war please.

= cant afford one tbh

Caporegime
My 360 turns my room into a flippin sauna:eek::p. But thats ok as it saves me money as i would have to go to my gym and use theirs...at least in my room i can walk and run around naked without anyone having a gander at my private bits:p:D

Soldato
Ultra_Extreme said:
= cant afford one tbh

If you are refering to me not able to afford one, i suggest you do a search and you will see that wayback i did a thread asking "How many people like me can afford a 360 but put it off because of loyalty to sony" or something like that. I have the money, whenever i want but im sceptical about getting one period. :)

Permabanned
Ultra_Extreme said:
= cant afford one tbh

LOL. I'm sure he can ........

He does raise some valid points, there are known quality issues, the catalogue of games is relatively small but I disagree with the rest of what he says.

As for the PS3 - completely new architecture, programmers struggling to create games for it, backwards compatibility must therefore be suspect.
If the issues related to the cell structure are to be believed then it is going to have a far more problematic launch than the 360.
Personally I hope the PS3 is good, I hope it is really good, I hope it continues to drive the competition to produce newer and more technically impressive kit.
I would hate to see a situation where there is no competition, imagine a world where only intel made CPU's. Prices would be far higher.

On balance I would think that anyone believing that the PS3 is going to be issue free, fully backwards compatible and have a "better" release than the 360 is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Permabanned
Spawn said:
My 360 turns my room into a flippin sauna:eek::p. But thats ok as it saves me money as i would have to go to my gym and use theirs...at least in my room i can walk and run around naked without anyone having a gander at my private bits:p:D

ROFLMAO. I feel soiled. We had a 3 hour chat over live! Please tell me you were clothed, lie if you have to.

Soldato
Spawn said:

Hopefully your "Bits" is bigger than 2Shags rite? :D (just messing man)

Caporegime
ElRazur said:
Im only giving my view and i still dont know why or i dont see the need for a 360, ive never liked them and im not about to now.
Limited choice of games, technical issues and various thread of "My 360 died" are just some of the reason why i refuse to pay for one, i havent seen a brand new console breakdown/have many technical issues like that before. That's my view and im sticking to it.

PS
I aint starting no fanboy war please.

Lets see just how well the PS3 can cope with overheating itself, if it does indeed overheat ;). Limited games??, well seeing as its a new console its expected that there wasnt going to be a massive range of games but lately some stonking games have been coming out. I think this summer we will see some pretty good games coming out and i for one will be looking forward to some of them.
I'll probably get a PS3 as well, if it ever sees the light of day that is :p

Permabanned
ElRazur said:
I aint (starting) no fanboy (war please).

Deliberate double negative or street speak?

ElRazur said:
i did a thread asking "How many people like me can afford a 360 but put it off because of loyalty to sony"

If your opinion on the 360 is based upon being a fanboy then it is pretty invalid. I am assuming that it is based on how you had a pre release thread about not buying a 360 in order to pay homage to the altar of Sony profit.

If there was a genuine 360 quality disaster looming there would or will be a recall and reissue. MS customer service appears to have been excellent in the majority of cases we have heard about.

I have 2 xboxes, 1 gamecube, 1 PS2 and a 360. Guess which gets played the most? Guess which I think is the best bit of kit? Guess which I am most impressed by.... it is the 360 by far. It stands head and shoulders above anything else.
It is an incredible amount of processing power for the money and some early problems are inevitable, perhaps MS should have held back the release date a little longer but being first to market was a major coup. Sony are now back to the drawing board and lost a year to MS. I can understand why the end product is not quite perfect in the early batches but when you can simply swap it over for a new one it doesn't bother me.

Caporegime
VIRII said:
ROFLMAO. I feel soiled. We had a 3 hour chat over live! Please tell me you were clothed, lie if you have to.

Hehe mate no i was partially clothed...just in my t shirt and boxers...so not quite naked...although while talking to you i did touch myself a few times...you sexy man you!!!:p:D.....

Btw im joking about the touching myself bit :p

Permabanned
ElRazur said:
That's what im talking about.....
Welcome to the club my friend. :)

ROFL they all say that - especially to those that have something to worry about (so I overheard whilst eavesdropping a bunch of Nurses) ........

Permabanned
Spawn said:
Hehe mate no i was partially clothed...just in my t shirt and boxers...so not quite naked...although while talking to you i did touch myself a few times...you sexy man you!!!:p:D.....

Thankgod they haven't released that 360 camera yet. I am going to bathe in bleach I feel ill :p

Permabanned
ElRazur said:
I love sony products but i dont cross that line into a crazed fan boy. If the 360 had no issues like i read in here from time to time, plenty of games that intrest me then im more than happy to buy one but it hasnt that's why.

Yet before they were released you created a thread asking if anyone else was going to not buy a 360 due to sony loyalty .....

Seems to me the thing could be hand delivered by a naked but lightly oiled Claudia Schiffer and you'd still say ... but it is not Sony, it may not pass the threshold of my home.

Back
Top Bottom