• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Should I be upgrading my GPU

Associate
As per the title, should I be upgrading my GPU?

the reason I ask, is I have upgraded my CPU to the 9900KS from a 8600k.
I currently have 2x EVGA FTW3 1080ti's in sli (soon to be single card ditching sli). should I be looking to have a better GPU paired with this new CPU?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Nope. Hold on, not too long left for the 3000 series to come out. Maybe sell one 1080 Ti now though while price is high.

I think it will be out either Q1 or latest Q2 next year.

Soldato
Sorry to jack the thread! I'm in a similar situation, 2 x 980ti's and since sli is dead now... is it worth side stepping to a 1080ti and hold out for a few months until faster cards come out or just stick with the sli config for now?

Associate
Sorry to jack the thread! I'm in a similar situation, 2 x 980ti's and since sli is dead now... is it worth side stepping to a 1080ti and hold out for a few months until faster cards come out or just stick with the sli config for now?

The 980ti is still a good card, however you're probably at a point where an upgrade to the right card you would see a good improvement.

Soldato
The 980ti is still a good card, however you're probably at a point where an upgrade to the right card you would see a good improvement.
Would you recommend a 1080ti then? Its a good 50% gain at least and upgrade again when RTX cards are actually worth it.

Associate
Would you recommend a 1080ti then? Its a good 50% gain at least and upgrade again when RTX cards are actually worth it.

Depends, if you are on 1080p @ 60hz then the 980ti will be absolutely fine until the next badge of cards release next year. if you're at 1440/144hz then the argument for an upgrade makes more sense.

Soldato

I would wait if you can handle another 6 months maximum. Not only will it give you a choice of cards just released, if you don't fancy one of those then the 1080ti second hand price will be much less by then.

Back
Top Bottom