• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Should i get another 4890 for xfire?

Soldato
OP
sorry to annoy you rolypoly - i said it was just my opinion.

One 5770 just didn't have the performance i wanted... and i just can't help but think how much better they would have been if it had the extra memory bandwidth of a 256 bit memory interface. they were out when i bought my 4890 but i got the later for the extra fps i would get.

I'm sure your pair of 5770s are great, but this is way off topic.

Soldato
'kinda see the 5770 as a bit of fail for ati '

Very annoying comment! Let me see now, 2 X 5770CF @ £234 matches 5870 @ £300.

Yeah, massive fail there mate. Widely accepted as best bang for buck card.:confused:

I can see where he's coming from. Whilst the 5770 is ok, it's slightly slower than the outgoing cards it replaces and feels to me like a lazy replacement.

CrossFiring two of them is a good idea, but it isn't the same as having an actual 5870 because multi-GPU is rarely as good as having a single card.

Permabanned
Agree with crossfire 5770s being great, plus they have the advantage of being much cooler and less power drain than a pair of 4890s or 5800s.

But individually, they arent very good, expecially not for 1080p with lots of AA.

Two of them more or less match 4890 crossfire.

Back
Top Bottom