1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I Get My Geil Ultra-X 1gb 2-2-2-5 Kit Replaced

Discussion in 'Memory' started by therefused, 19 Feb 2006.

1. therefused

Associate

Hello,

I recently brought a 1GB Dual Channel Kit of Geil Ultra-X 2-2-2-5 Nforce4 Edition.

My problem is that the memory fails to boot into windows at them timings and i either get a BSOD or Instant Restart when loading windows.

I know its not the motherboard or any other componant as i have tested it on 2 differant motherboards and the same problem occurs. I also tryed my Geil ONE Memory with the 2-2-2-5 Timings on my current MSI K8N Diamond and it boots into windows fine where as the Geil Ultra-X Dosnt.

If there anything i have missed that could be causing the Geil Ultra-x To be blue screening? or is it genuinly faulty?

-TR

2. FreeStream

Capodecina

Tried higher voltage to mem?

3. therefused

Associate

i have tryed up to 1.8v but it shouldnt be the problem as the memory is rated at 2-2-2-5 at 2.55v.

4. ht400

Associate

I had the same problem with this memory on a K8N SLI Platinum board. Changed the timings to 2-3-2-5-1T(Cas# to Ras# set to 3) and after that they were rock solid. Also had them running at 2.8v. Although they weren't at stated timmings of 2-2-2-5, didn't see any difference with them at 2-3-2-5.

5. King_Boru

Wise Guy

Send em back and get some Corsair stuff.

Just out of interest if you got Geil ONE why did you get some 'slower' Geil Ultra X?

6. therefused

Associate

i have only got 512mb of the Geil One, got it for 20quid off ebay. bargin lol