Should I open week 38 ipod touch?

Associate
I cancelled my order with Apple online last night and went and picked up a 16GB model in my local HMV. It's from the week 38 batch. I haven't opened this yet and was wondering if there are issues with the week 38 batch? I could order one elsewhere and bring this one back to HMV.

Or else I could open it and find that it still has issues, in which cases could I still bring it back to HMV? How do I prove to them that it's faulty?

Soldato
I've got a Week 38 bought from Apple.com and it works flawlessly.

What picture does you box display, AFAIK, all Macy Gray Week 38 haven't had issues. The other singer's box seem to "have problem" on MacRumor's forum - but I reckon more or less a placibo issue.

If it does have the negative black issue, bring it to HMV and show them, you are winthin rights to exchange for another, as long as you've got your receipt :)

Associate
OP
I've got a Week 38 bought from Apple.com and it works flawlessly.

What picture does you box display, AFAIK, all Macy Gray Week 38 haven't had issues. The other singer's box seem to "have problem" on MacRumor's forum - but I reckon more or less a placibo issue.

If it does have the negative black issue, bring it to HMV and show them, you are winthin rights to exchange for another, as long as you've got your receipt :)
Yeah it's got Macy Gray on mine.

Soldato
I once bought an ipod shuffle which wouldnt sync with ITunes no matter what I did so I took it back to HMV and they accepted it and offered a full refund no problem.

Soldato
Look at the back of the Box (or the iPod Touch), under Serial No. it'll be XXX38XXXXXX - that 4th and 5th digit shows which week it is, in my case, it's the 38th week :)

Associate
OP
Ok I've just realised something. I said my touch was fine in that it didn't have any screen issues, but I only tested this after applying the 1.1.1 update. Is it possible that this update to the firmware has 'hidden' the problem? If so is there any way I can remove the 1.1.1 update and test it?

Associate
OP
eh?
If it works, it works?

Why do people insist on looking for a problem when there isn't one?

Are you happy with it? Yes? Stop looking for a reason to return it then!

I'm not looking for a reason to return it, I'm trying to make sure that a hardware problem is not being covered up by a firmware fix. Whereas later batches will have the actual hardware fixed.

Back
Top Bottom