should WoW be this boring? any helpful tips to newb?

Soldato
Shoseki said:
The social aspect is the main point of it imho.

Chat to some others and see if you can quest together...

Watching paint dry is better with someone to share it with. Doesn't make it worth paying for though.

The game seemed like a chore to me, no matter what you do you may not enjoy it. Instead of asking how to enjoy the game, my advise would be to move on, play something else :)

Soldato
If you're not enjoying it, then just move on. A game shouldn't be hard work to enjoy, especially when the 'achievement' is so hollow.

Soldato
By level 12 you should be at the Crossroads as Tauren/Orc/Troll, The Sepulcher as Undead, Auberdine as an Elf, Loch Modan as Gnome/Dwarf or Sentinal Hill as Human.
All of these should have plenty of quests to keep you going. If you are undead, I'd recommend heading towards the crossroads - go to the big tower outside the undercity and get on the zepplin at the first platform when it arrives. When it stops outside Orgrimmar, follow the path south to Razor Hill, and then West into the Barrens. There should be signs from there pointing it out.

Associate
You shouldn't keep dying at your level really - its essential to upgrade your kit and your skills. You kit can be upgraded from:
Completing quests (and getting items as rewards)
Buying crafted items from a player characters who will make items for you
Auction houses
NPC vendors (low quality stuff)
Drops from killing random monsters

The items have different colours - grey items are low quality and you should avoid using that stuff. Green (?) is better, and then Blue (rare at low levels )and Purple (you are unlikely to get one of these).

You also need to ensure you get new skills from visiting your class trainer. Every 2 levels you go see them, and pay them a bit of cash to get new skills.

As you are now over level 10, you will also now have some Talent points to spend which you can spend on skills to help you out.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
im around the crossroads now. ill have a look for the skill points and my armour is around 70 ish iirc. i did have a bit of fun last night though, i managed to get hold of a tabar axe, and its helped me out a lot :D

Soldato
OP
and what happens to my trial account if i buy a retail game, will i still get the 30 days free with it? ive been told by a friend i wont and id need to restart the game IF i do end up buying it that is :cool:

Soldato
Semiskimmed said:
im around the crossroads now. ill have a look for the skill points and my armour is around 70 ish iirc. i did have a bit of fun last night though, i managed to get hold of a tabar axe, and its helped me out a lot :D

Your a warrior at level 12 right? If your armour is 70 then thats why your getting owned. Should be 300-400 by now. Do you have items in all slots apart from head, neck, shoulder, rings and trinket? If not get some, try to get green items of the Auction house. Not sure what your limited to in the trial though. Most important thing with a melee class is always buy the best weapon available to you that you can afford. Hope this helps.

Associate
My trial runs out today but i enjoyed it so i will be buying the full game i reckon. once my broadband is back up (long story for another time). One question though - i know that if you've visited a main town, you can fly between them easily but is there any easier way of getting from town to town apart from walking the huge distances?

For those who know the kinds of distances i'm talking about, i am a night elf and i have to get from auberdine to ironforge on the other island. Apart from taking the boat across to the other island, is there any other way that i've missed, or do i just go as fast as i can along the roads until i get there? Faliing that, should i wait until i get there eventually by natural causes?

Associate
Mindriot said:
My trial runs out today but i enjoyed it so i will be buying the full game i reckon. once my broadband is back up (long story for another time). One question though - i know that if you've visited a main town, you can fly between them easily but is there any easier way of getting from town to town apart from walking the huge distances?

For those who know the kinds of distances i'm talking about, i am a night elf and i have to get from auberdine to ironforge on the other island. Apart from taking the boat across to the other island, is there any other way that i've missed, or do i just go as fast as i can along the roads until i get there? Faliing that, should i wait until i get there eventually by natural causes?

90% of the time you have to walk between the towns/cities and get the various flight paths. There are however a few exceptions to this such as the deeprun tram that connects Ironforge and Stormwind, this means that you dont have to go walking through the Searing Gorge and Burning Steppes to get between the two cities (both these zones are level 50+).

Its horrid I know, Its what I hate most about making a new character but if you just get your head down and do it you can get from teldrassil to Ironforge in about 30 - 40 minutes.

Soldato
OP
well all this moaning and stuff ive been doing, hasnt really helped me but its starting to click in now lol.
ive just ordered the full game :D
does anyone deffinately know if the retail game can be used to activate the trial account AND get the 30 days with it?

Permabanned
'You can't judge the game on the first 20 levels'. Yes you can. If it takes a casual player two weeks to get to 20 and in the process all they've done is "collect X", "walk to Y", "kill Z" using about 3 different class abilities then you can conclude that it is not a well-designed or fun game for the casual player. WoW is a hardcore game, for people that a) get to level 60, which by the way takes no skill and is no fun--just takes a lot of time--and b) have the time to raid a lot and get full epic gear when at level 60. At 60 you can enjoy beating new raid encounters, which is fun, although it stops being so fun when you're farming them every week for items, and PvP, which is not terribly well designed or balanced and depends a lot on gear.

The game is addictive, the game can be fun, but it's really not all that, and it's a completely crap game for a casual player.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
doesn no one know about the free month stil being valid when upgrading the trial account?
also, how does the sub scription work? can i just pay with my debit card each month, and when i dont want to play i just dont pay that month? or is it a direct debit sort of thing, where it comes out no matter what?

Associate
I played WoW up to the mid 40s level and i stopped because it just became ever more dull the higher up you go. Questing to level is fun at first, but then all the quests just become the same. Kill this, get that, talk to him. At the end of the day, its nothing more than a grind MMORPG, with terrible blocky graphics.

Back
Top Bottom