Show me your: Fireplace

Soldato
Swapped this monstrosity

IMG-20170613-070247.jpg

For this

IMG-20190413-184325.jpg

Soldato
@{SAS}TB How much did it cost all in?

The house we have an offer on has a near identical fireplace and we want to change it to a log burner with a nice thick wooden mantel.

Soldato
@{SAS}TB How much did it cost all in?

The house we have an offer on has a near identical fireplace and we want to change it to a log burner with a nice thick wooden mantel.

It was removed / fitted about 3 1/2 years ago and was £3k for removing / disposing of the old gas fire / surround and hearth, forming the opening, liner, cowl, skim the opening and breast, oak mantle, slate hearth and the stove. The stove itself was ~£900

Hope that helps

Soldato
It was removed / fitted about 3 1/2 years ago and was £3k for removing / disposing of the old gas fire / surround and hearth, forming the opening, liner, cowl, skim the opening and breast, oak mantle, slate hearth and the stove. The stove itself was ~£900

Hope that helps

Thank you!

Soldato
Really like that @{SAS}TB Ive infact stolen the picture as an idea for the replacement fire in my new place. Its got a fire/chimney but doesn't have as deep a chimney (all flat /see pics below)

Have you got a wider picture with the tv adjacent? How big a tv you fit adjacent?

Im also tempted to go with a gas fire, as i have a local gas supply to it, so seems to make sense.

Pics of house im buying:
zaOdb5i.jpg

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
We installed this a month or so ago: it’s Contura i5 and installed by a local company.
aikkgCO.jpg

9NE16CM.jpg

plrcBIK.jpg

Exact fire my wife has been eyeing up, she wanted something a bit more modern looking than your traditional fires, out of curiosity what are the dimensions HxWxD of your opening?

Soldato
Really like that @{SAS}TB Ive infact stolen the picture as an idea for the replacement fire in my new place. Its got a fire/chimney but doesn't have as deep a chimney (all flat /see pics below)

Have you got a wider picture with the tv adjacent? How big a tv you fit adjacent?

Im also tempted to go with a gas fire, as i have a local gas supply to it, so seems to make sense.

Pics of house im buying:
zaOdb5i.jpg

Cheers and here's a few just taken now so ignore the mess :p

The TV is 65"

IMG-20201228-141816.jpg

IMG-20201228-141802.jpg

Associate
Exact fire my wife has been eyeing up, she wanted something a bit more modern looking than your traditional fires, out of curiosity what are the dimensions HxWxD of your opening?

Dimensions are:

94cm W x 96cm H x 75cm D

We’re really pleased with the purchase - packs a lot of heat and very easy to light / clean etc. If you’d like to know anything else about it, feel free to ask.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
DSCF9237.jpg

We have a double sided fireplace. It wasn’t planned but when we took out the old 1950s stove it made a nice hole from the kitchen into the living room.

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
Dimensions are:

94cm W x 96cm H x 75cm D

We’re really pleased with the purchase - packs a lot of heat and very easy to light / clean etc. If you’d like to know anything else about it, feel free to ask.

Thanks @Dolly I've currently got a 1m*1m opening which will be lined and tiled, but only a 450mm depth plus the legs of the fire surround so probably 550mm max, yours looks like its sitting quite far back in the opening?

Back
Top Bottom