***Show us Your 3D Printing Setup***

Pet Northerner
Don
I set mine up yesterday along with the Mercury plus wash station (real game changer).

Really impressed with the printer so far loads of great detail coming out on my prints, been using an FDM for nearly a year now so no stranger to 3d printing.

Cheers all

Mine unfortunately ended up going back after a fault developed 4 prints in. The screen now intermittently stops exposing until a reboot occurs. A firmware update didn't sort the problem so my unit is back with amazon and I'm awaiting a restock.

Associate
Mine unfortunately ended up going back after a fault developed 4 prints in. The screen now intermittently stops exposing until a reboot occurs. A firmware update didn't sort the problem so my unit is back with amazon and I'm awaiting a restock.

Sorry to hear that I will keep a check on mine, I think mine was the last one Amazon had in stock last wednesday.

Cheers All

Soldato
I've bought an Anycubic Chiron
420x420x450
Apart from nozzle changes and a new heated bed the only change I made is changing the extruder.
It was a drop in replacement apart from chopping the connector off. esteps were identical

Last edited:
Soldato
I've bought an Anycubic Chiron
420x420x450
Apart from nozzle changes and a new heated bed the only change I made is changing the extruder.
It was a drop in replacement apart from chopping the connector off. esteps were identical

Looks really good, if you dont mind me asking where did you get it and for how much?
Is it an easy assembly, what sort of mods etc?
I'm thinking getting into this as I've been solid modelling for years, mostly pro-engineer and solidworks, for VMC machines but this looks like it could be good fun.

Soldato
I bought it from HERE
But with 2 extra reels of filament. Total cost just over £500

To be honest, UNLESS you particularly need the massive bed you'd be better off going for a smaller model as this has its own issues because of the bed size.
ie: Frequently needing to re-level the bed & because it has such a high Z axis when it gets that high the extruder (filament feeder) can slip once it gets a bit of wear on it.

It's no fun entering the shed to see after 70 hours the print head 2 inches above the job not laying down filament because the extruders slipped or in this case - under extruded (entire job wasted)
YtHsYymh.jpg

Just took this pic - As you can see, You don't NEED a huge bed in general
Z2tp5iCl.jpg

I'd recommend something like an Ender 3

It IS addictive especially when you start learning CAD and create your own designs

Last edited:
Associate
If you want a slightly less-large format printer I can say the artillery x1 which I bought recently (with a 300x300x400 build volume) is well worth the money. It prints well once you get the slicer dialed in (like all of printers really), is strongly built and very quiet. Price was £376 off Amazon.

Soldato
If you want a slightly less-large format printer I can say the artillery x1 which I bought recently (with a 300x300x400 build volume) is well worth the money. It prints well once you get the slicer dialed in (like all of printers really), is strongly built and very quiet. Price was £376 off Amazon.

I've been researching a LOT lately and this looks like a great shout, nice large size for the price. My main fear in getting an Ender 3 is that quite quickly I'll want something larger, not necessarily better just more room. Most things I fancy doing will fit on an Ender 3, I know it will gather dust if I keep needing more space though.

I see the X1 on sites for £315, I think tomtop and banggood but I've never used either site, are they as dodgy as they look lol?

I've been in circles lately, firstly I'm all set on buying an X1 but then I think that getting an ender and modifying it would be a good learning experience, knowing my faddy nature I might get bored with it anyway so I could save myself some money just going Ender 3.....gaaaah I'm talking myself out of it again.

Soldato
I've had stuff from Banggood arrive fine. I think with all of them, it's not getting the goods that's the issue, it's if anything goes wrong the cost of even shipping something back is going to cost more than buying a new one. You're not going to get the sort of excellent customer support you're used to getting from OCUK. :D

Associate
I've bought stuff from Banggood before, nothing too expensive though. Within the last couple of months I bought a large closed-loop stepper motor and controller from there, took less time than expected to arrive. Everything arrived in good condition but be aware it's possible HM Customs just might slap VAT and import duties on top. Never happened to me but it has to others. I'm taking delivery of printer No.2 tomorrow lol :) it's a Creality CR-6 SE which I'd ordered begining of last month. Still very happy with the Sidewinder which has been running almost non-stop for a couple of weeks. There are always add-ons and improvments you can make to any printer in this price bracket, I've printed a better cooler (uses 2x 5015 fans) and will likely swap out the hot end for an all-metal version (to give me more options for printing high temperature filaments). I've not had to re-level the bed since setting it up because parts release easy, no wrenching/chipping the prints off means you don't disturb the bed levelling. So I probably won't bother with ABL for the Sidewinder X1.

Associate
Is the saturn back on sale? I swear i've been checking websites for weeks they say it was to go to a 3rd launch end of oct early nov guess i missed it yet again.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Is the saturn back on sale? I swear i've been checking websites for weeks they say it was to go to a 3rd launch end of oct early nov guess i missed it yet again.

This is from the early bird back in June.

Associate
It no more complicated than a Mars or creality ld002r, it's just bigger. Resin printing is more involved than fdm but the printers are actually super simple.

I actually don't know what those exactly are lol. But every time I see 1 pop up on hukd, I get tempted. Do you have any photos of stuff you printed?

Back
Top Bottom