*** Show us your Dogs ***

Associate
Just waiting for Hazel (chocolate colour - a Chocapoo!) to come into heat then will mate her to a Merle cockapoo. Should not be more than a week or so now :) My other cockapoo is spayed and is 6 years old now.

Soldato
This is Ernie. He's a Sproodle and is adoringly bonkers. He spends his time playing the floor is lava at super high speeds (using the back rests of sofas as spring boards to bounce off), chasing squirrels and sleeping. He is not at all bothered by food, which, after owning a food orientated dog, has been a little challenging! The sausage is no longer the win all trump card.

ZTgZbZY.png

u0ol5cz.png

He sleeps like this when it's hot

GZGMJEX.png

Soldato
Very warm yesterday! Nice wet blanket to cool down this guy :D (he wore it round the house)

Only disadvantage of nice big bifolds is its too exciting to go play :D (first World problems). Fortunately he respects these gates he's had since a puppy (now 11months) .... Even though he could easily jump them.

Dhqmkhj.jpg

Associate
Very warm yesterday! Nice wet blanket to cool down this guy :D (he wore it round the house)

Only disadvantage of nice big bifolds is its too exciting to go play :D (first World problems). Fortunately he respects these gates he's had since a puppy (now 11months) .... Even though he could easily jump them.

Handsome boy :) Yes, it's been hot weather for dogs and mine slept most of the day - apart from youngest girl (2yrs old) who ran around anyway. I let them play in my secure garden and here Hazel is seen rooting about at the back last Friday evening. She found a hedgehog for the first time in her life (they usually can't get in past the fences so there must be a new hole someplace) and set up such a commotion I had to come see what she was doing. Makes a change from jumping in the pond after frogs I suppose...

Associate
ACtC-3ccKxnNeP2-HIp6b8oGi_Zxb44tPOxaqENWHMIBPlN9nnXA1hOwNJuahmZwmCdEk5ues4NNAxu9iBHvcjSA0KsTyBwt7aGIvyq0y8G1R5s0Gva76VRgvlaHHoNFpoSdJERHZik46yQgo4UHdQEdcjWgYQ=w833-h1110-no
Here's my two :)
GkwKPT5Zrt37vrtw8

Associate
Hazel is on day 6 of her season, will mate her on days 10 and 12 to a lovely merle stud dog. Right now she's throwing herself at any male dog 'take me I'm yours!' lol. Even tries it on with our other 2 female dogs who are spayed and elderly :) Don't think there'll be a problem getting her mated somehow.

Soldato
Well I haven't had a dog since I had to put my Rottie to sleep about 6 years ago needed time to get over it plus we had another child and didn't want to bring s pup into that madness. Had dogs my whole life ranging from Springers, westies, and bits of everything but I have always wanted one of these.

Meet Oscar

Don
First walkies last night after Hope had her vaccines.

My boy was loving running around with her:

8x8mgio.jpg

The recall command I've been training her with in the garden works like a charm. Straight back she comes.

Soldato
dEQcQPA.jpg
Cali! (though I now mostly refer to her as a little Calzone)

She's a 9 month old Working English Cocker Spaniel. She was the runt of her litter but it seems she is just refusing to grow much more! Last time out to the vets they weighed her in at just under 8KG. Her brother from the same litter is now about 16KG!

She's ace though. Literally just a sentient bit of energy with fur and legs. As long as we walk her at lunch and again after work she just snoozes on the sofa or beanbag. Everyone said we were mad for getting a working dog but I wouldn't change her!

A proud father moment teaching her how to catch. She's now more obsessed with balls than she is treats!

Associate
Cali! (though I now mostly refer to her as a little Calzone)

She's a 9 month old Working English Cocker Spaniel. She was the runt of her litter but it seems she is just refusing to grow much more! Last time out to the vets they weighed her in at just under 8KG. Her brother from the same litter is now about 16KG!

She's ace though. Literally just a sentient bit of energy with fur and legs. As long as we walk her at lunch and again after work she just snoozes on the sofa or beanbag. Everyone said we were mad for getting a working dog but I wouldn't change her!

A proud father moment teaching her how to catch. She's now more obsessed with balls than she is treats!

Yep they're totally nuts lol! Possibly not quite as nuts as a Springer Spanner but getting there :)

Taking Hazel (my Cockapoo) to the vets on Monday for an ultrasound scan - see how many pups she's hiding in that rotund belly of hers. That will be day 31 after mating. Maybe won't give an accurate number but at least it will show if there are pups in there. Having a sweepstake on how many - I'm guessing 8.

Don
Yep they're totally nuts lol! Possibly not quite as nuts as a Springer Spanner but getting there :)

Taking Hazel (my Cockapoo) to the vets on Monday for an ultrasound scan - see how many pups she's hiding in that rotund belly of hers. That will be day 31 after mating. Maybe won't give an accurate number but at least it will show if there are pups in there. Having a sweepstake on how many - I'm guessing 8.

What ludicrous price will you be charging for the pups out of interest?

Associate
What ludicrous price will you be charging for the pups out of interest?

I'm hoping most will go to family and friends (and daughter's friends), I'm more concerned that they go to a good home than price. I'll be keeping one myself and that's the main reason for breeding her. I know the average asking price for a puppy is ridiculous now but there are so many lockdown pups being sent to rescue places it makes me want to cry. My concern is for the welfare of Hazel's pups and I don't care if they go for nothing provided it's to a good forever home. If I can recover my costs (vet fees, stud fees) I'll be happy :)

Don
I'm hoping most will go to family and friends (and daughter's friends), I'm more concerned that they go to a good home than price. I'll be keeping one myself and that's the main reason for breeding her. I know the average asking price for a puppy is ridiculous now but there are so many lockdown pups being sent to rescue places it makes me want to cry. My concern is for the welfare of Hazel's pups and I don't care if they go for nothing provided it's to a good forever home. If I can recover my costs (vet fees, stud fees) I'll be happy :)

That's refreshing to hear. We have a Cockapoo and would like a companion for her, not to breed but to have two dogs! I just cannot justify the price of them right now, but like you said, so many dogs are going to be rehomed soon with normality resuming, its horrible so we may look down that route. If you struggle to shift any when they eventually come, (you won't) give me a shout! :D

Commissario
About time I shared a photo of our relatively new companion, we picked her up about 6 weeks ago! 15 weeks old tomorrow, she keeps growing!

0nbegnO.jpg

Back
Top Bottom