*** Show us your Dogs ***

Associate
Took Hazel to the vet today for an ultrasound scan 4 weeks post-mating only to discover she is not pregnant :( This was a planned litter so I was quite disappointed. She exhibited all the signs of pregnancy so it's a phantom. We'll have to wait until her next season to try again.

Permabanned
Well that is like those anecdotes of 40 a day smokers living until 100 isn't it?

Everyone ridiculed the price of that food linked above but look at the ingredients.

Salmon, Haddock & Blue Whiting 60% (Freshly Prepared Salmon
21%, Dried Salmon 16%, Freshly Prepared Blue Whiting 11%, Freshly
Prepared Haddock 10% & Salmon Stock 2%), Sweet Potato (20%),
Potato, Beet Pulp, Peas (6%), Linseed, Omega 3 Supplement, Minerals,
Vitamins, Vegetable Stock, Asparagus (0.2%), Glucosamine (170 mg/
kg), Methylsulfonylmethane (170 mg/kg), Chondroitin Sulphate (125
mg/kg), Nucleotides, FOS (96 mg/kg), MOS (24 mg/kg)

Compare that to Dr Johns gold.

Cereals, meat and animal derivatives (minimum 14% chicken), oils and fats, yeasts, milk and milk derivatives, oils and fats, minerals.

It really isn't hard to see why one is dirt cheap and the other is not.

It's supposed to be DOG food, not some delicacy for a spoilt bleedin' walrus ;)

Associate
No salmon, haddock and blue whiting for her then... ;)

lol, she gets a raw diet like our other 2 doggies. Beef, Chicken, Salmon, other whole fish... Plus a barf suppliment.

Apparently Squirrel was also on the menu for an early breakfast this morning... (or it might have been the dogs on the Squirrel's menu as they both seemed to get a nip on the nose for their troubles)

Permabanned
That's how to train a ratter, put them in a confined space with a load of rats, when they initially prat about and get bitten on the nose or lips, they soon go into overdrive and learn to despatch them efficiently. I don't fancy the next squirrels chances!

That bowl of food looks quite mouth watering to me, I suspect my dinner may be less so :)

Caporegime
lol, she gets a raw diet like our other 2 doggies. Beef, Chicken, Salmon, other whole fish... Plus a barf suppliment.

Apparently Squirrel was also on the menu for an early breakfast this morning... (or it might have been the dogs on the Squirrel's menu as they both seemed to get a nip on the nose for their troubles)

Did the squirrel get away?

Man of Honour
Staffies are wonderful, I lost mine from age related complications over two years ago. I so dearly miss her. :(
I had a Staffie with my ex wife and then another with my subsequent partner who I was with for a while. Suffice to say my current mrs wasn't keen on the idea of me getting another which is understandable. They are a wonderful dog and quite frankly massively understood due to their image. A wonderful, affectionate and caring breed. Sorry to hear about your loss.

I went with a Whippet this time as it's a breed my mrs likes, plus, I've been around them all my life as my mum used to breed them. I also think they're awesome dogs. Plus, I am a Yorkshireman so perhaps as I approach my 40's that's coming out and I'll end up wearing flat cap and getting another!

New Whippet puppy is settling is extremely well, we picked him up yesterday around 2pm and he threw up in the car 3 times during the 35 minute journey home which is to be expected. Unsurprisingly he was off food and water for most of yesterday as he was finding his feet. He's been as good as gold most of today save the expected whining in the crate which I think should pass within a few weeks. He's not messed in the house yet and his whining in the crate has reduced vastly throughout the day. Alarm will be set for 4 am so I can let him out and I'll slowly push that out to a full night. Just before his dinner we were playing with him in the garden as the sun had gone down and he was responding really well to basic instructions and has borderline learned how to play fetch (reduced distance due to the heat of course). He then came in, had some water and his dinner and we let him roam around in the kitchen for 5 minutes with one of his toys and he went to the back door and let out a few whines. I took him to the garden where he had a wee straight away followed by another few minutes of playing before I put him back in the crate with no whining and he's gone straight to sleep.

The only thing we are not 100% on is his name. We want to call him 'Bruce' because his white chest looks like the Batman symbol but like I said, we aren't 100% and fully realise we need to make our minds up moving on with him.

Love him to bits already, such a bundle of joy and I've not had a dog since my ex and I split in 2014.

Associate
I had a Staffie with my ex wife and then another with my subsequent partner who I was with for a while. Suffice to say my current mrs wasn't keen on the idea of me getting another which is understandable. They are a wonderful dog and quite frankly massively understood due to their image. A wonderful, affectionate and caring breed. Sorry to hear about your loss.

I went with a Whippet this time as it's a breed my mrs likes, plus, I've been around them all my life as my mum used to breed them. I also think they're awesome dogs. Plus, I am a Yorkshireman so perhaps as I approach my 40's that's coming out and I'll end up wearing flat cap and getting another!

New Whippet puppy is settling is extremely well, we picked him up yesterday around 2pm and he threw up in the car 3 times during the 35 minute journey home which is to be expected. Unsurprisingly he was off food and water for most of yesterday as he was finding his feet. He's been as good as gold most of today save the expected whining in the crate which I think should pass within a few weeks. He's not messed in the house yet and his whining in the crate has reduced vastly throughout the day. Alarm will be set for 4 am so I can let him out and I'll slowly push that out to a full night. Just before his dinner we were playing with him in the garden as the sun had gone down and he was responding really well to basic instructions and has borderline learned how to play fetch (reduced distance due to the heat of course). He then came in, had some water and his dinner and we let him roam around in the kitchen for 5 minutes with one of his toys and he went to the back door and let out a few whines. I took him to the garden where he had a wee straight away followed by another few minutes of playing before I put him back in the crate with no whining and he's gone straight to sleep.

The only thing we are not 100% on is his name. We want to call him 'Bruce' because his white chest looks like the Batman symbol but like I said, we aren't 100% and fully realise we need to make our minds up moving on with him.

Love him to bits already, such a bundle of joy and I've not had a dog since my ex and I split in 2014.
Oh they are very misunderstood. I didn't know a whole lot about them other than from childhood experience and that chavs (I hate using that word) tend to have them to make em' ard. Was an education and I can't stop noticing how daft and friendly bull breeds really are. :p

I use to work at a Greyhound track as a dog handler many years ago and we would have Whippet charity races and I always found them to be cute. Like if you put a greyhound in the wash for too long.

Always exciting and challenging getting a pup as you constantly examine everything. In a few weeks, he should settle in proper. Bruce is a good name mate.

Associate
Oh they are very misunderstood. I didn't know a whole lot about them other than from childhood experience and that chavs (I hate using that word) tend to have them to make em' ard. Was an education and I can't stop noticing how daft and friendly bull breeds really are. :p

I'm afraid that's what puts me off Staffy's, although my neighbours have a rescue one and he's lovely but not for me. I am thinking about a Clumber Spaniel or Cockapoo or similar sometime in the near future

Soldato
Our Mia, 11 and unfortunately her back legs are almost shot, she’s on a lot of meds bless her, whilst she’s still eating and wanting to play, we’re supporting her but it won’t be long.

She was my first dog I ever got from a pup. She’s going to break my heart.

7045-F8-D3-4-F0-E-4-B14-8427-E590-B7340-E92.jpg

Mia left me today, a few hours ago at the vets. Very peaceful. I’m in pieces. She’s broken my heart and I can’t believe she’s gone. Sat here crying my eyes out.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Mia left me today, a few hours ago at the vets. Very peaceful. I’m in pieces. She’s broken my heart and I can’t believe she’s gone. Sat here crying my eyes out.
Just be proud of the life you gave her and the memories you've made.

If she's anything like my lab was you'll be finding her furr for years to come. Forever in my heart, clothes and soft furnishings :D

Back
Top Bottom