1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show us your drawings/artwork

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shifty_uk, 19 Apr 2011.

1. Delvis

Caporegime

Its very easy to tell wht it is mate :p

2. elmarko

Capodecina

A3 - Walter White - Took about 2 hours - first hour sketching - second hour block colouring with the 3 lightest shades made up (why they are scruffy!, done using pro-markers (as usual)

[​IMG]

3. Delvis

Caporegime

Awesome dude

Think mines done now:
    [​IMG]

Not sure where to go next

Last edited: 3 Jun 2013
  4. elmarko

Capodecina

Looking good mate, really like the area by the nose - seems to have a nice textured effect, also the strokes are well directioned (that a word?) - mine are all over the shop.

Get a few really dark tones in if you can - with a heavy 6/7/8b if you have one - should make the stripes pop out.

For the next one an eye is always good practice (lost count of how many of those I've done!).

5. Delvis

Caporegime

Awesome, thanks mate much appreciated. Looking back at it some of the lines could have been better but i know how to change that for next time :)

I need to get some more pencils...only got a 4b at the moment! I think ill give an eye a go though, se how it goes :)

6. TheMeekon

Wise Guy

Hey all

I'm actually quite proud this time. I got an email from 3D total asking me to submit cleetus to their excellence award gallery and it made the front page of the site. Normally I don't boast but it's taken 6 years to get good enough to make it onto that gallery. These are the guys that make a lot of books for print.

Check it out:

http://www.3dtotal.com/

7. Delvis

Caporegime

Man. I am so jealous right now.

Make sure you takea pic of that, pretty decent achievement

8. elmarko

Capodecina

Nice one mate, you deserve it - some fantastic work there.

Yeah, keeping the 4b sharp & pressing down hard should make it pretty close to a black tone - for that style the high contrasts needs the dark tones for the detail to pop out - I mean, for example - if you look at the Walter White one about - it's really basic & scrappy - just the blacks kinda in the right place which makes the rest automatically fit - your eyes do most of the work :), kinda the same if you do the hard black tones on the pencil with the tiger say.

9. TheMeekon

Wise Guy

Thanks & thanks.

Walter White looks spot on.

The work on that site is incredible like most of these communities, scary how much it has changed in the last 6 years.

10. V F

Capodecina

Mmm, love this!

Ever thought of doing coloured vector style versions?

11. PooBrain

PermaBanned

Congrats, now about that chainsaw to his neck?

12. elmarko

Capodecina

Quick ninja edit - had to fix the eye (Was wrong) - that's closer to the intended picture.

Cheers mate,

Not done any vector art before, should learn really - will def give it a bash.

Thanks :) - yeah, it's incredibly how high the standard is nowadays - makes me feel like an ultimate amateur!.

Had to edit his eye (As above) was slightly ****-eyed lol (Was looking too close white doing it, didn't notice till I looked at a distance!)

Ok, now I'm done...., (finished the eyes off as they were still not quite right)

[​IMG]

Last edited: 4 Jun 2013
  13. elmarko

Capodecina

Btw, where do you guys get your materials from?, currently using Amazon (usually a decent price, but not on everything) or Hobby-craft (stupidly overpriced) - would be great to find a chain which is a bit more reasonably priced for pro-markers/thick bleed proof paper or acrylics.

14. elmarko

Capodecina

Just a quick 20min Japanese style tattoo sketch (based off a few references), thinking of learning the genre... <ponders>

[​IMG]

15. Old Man

Wise Guy

Lots of drawings and paintings, but any sculpturers here?

16. elmarko

Capodecina

TheMeekon & Lance both do 3d sculpting (if that's what you mean!) - excellent ones too!.

17. Old Man

Wise Guy

Traditional Sculpting, so by hand and not with a computer.

18. LanceCrossfire

Hitman

Never done any traditional sculpting myself, although it's something I'd wish to try :)

Nice one Meekon, well done on the 3DTotal exposure! Well deserved the sculpt is great :D

I've managed to net myself an art position now I've graduated. I went to 3 interviews and got 3 offers ^^ Decided to take the one most local and cannot wait to start later this month >:D

Some recent stuff from me (some still WIP).

The character I'm creating for a 'Polycount' contest still a WIP:-
    The HP sculpt
    [​IMG]

The low poly
    [​IMG]

and some ZBrush practice...
    [​IMG]

19. TheMeekon

Wise Guy

Wow, amazing improvement! I'd be interested to know what technique you used to render the practice head. What matcap is it? Congrats on the job, you've worked extremely hard.

20. LanceCrossfire

Hitman

Thanks Meekon.

The MatCap is SkinShade4. As for the render it's pretty much default settings with my own lightcap. I rendered a standard, SSS, AO, Shadow and Mask then layered them in photoshop and tweaked their opacity individually.