1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show us your kitty cats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Acrotomophilia, 1 Sep 2009.

1. Nexus18

Capodecina

Some of TC playing with his mouse toy:

Will have to get some slow motion goodness soon :cool:

2. Swifty55

Soldato

I want another kitten now! :(

3. krooton

Caporegime

For someone who had his balls chopped off on Friday, Winston sure is bounding around the flat without a care in the world!

4. knip

Capodecina

Dave was exactly the same, as was Lola to be fair. Keep them calm they said, both were doing laps of the flat the same day!

Went out and left both of them during the day with the cat flap open yesterday for the first time. Was only gone a couple of hours, came home to find Lola sat on the doorstep and Dave in the house!

Contemplating leaving the flap open all day tomorrow when I go to work. I just worry about them. Someone reassure me they'll be fine for 8 hours?

5. stoofa

Capodecina

LOL, the return from the vets for the big chop:

1. Kitten will be sleepy, this can be expected
    2. Kitten probably wont want much fuss when he gets back
    3. Kitten may not have a big appetite, don't worry about this

So Qyzen gets home after his operation and spends the next 2-3 hours running around, playing and showing absolutely no sign of wanting to rest or sleep. Fuss, if he didn't get any he's squeak until he got some.

First task once he's out of his carrier...food. Then meow until we've re-filled the food. Fresh boiled chicken is apparently good for them after the operation. Small amounts when he wants some. He wants some all the time!

Bless him, somebody should have told him the rules of post-op for cats.

6. cyber69

Wise Guy

[​IMG]

7. Kamwah

PermaBanned

The meds given during the op can cause an upset stomach. Boiled chicken with a small portion of rice is good for them if you let the rice soak up the water with all the chickens goodness in.

8. iamtheoneneo

Sgarrista

Guys anyway of tracking a cats wherabouts in the evenings? one of my cats vanishes for ages and dispite calls is nowhere to be seen. problem is last night he didnt come back for dinner (really rare) and didnt moan about being fed, then this morning he started to gag as if he was gonna puke (but didnt) - he has suffered from an upset tummy and has special food to help him.

im concerned hes being fed elsewhere and its making him ill - is there a tracker or mini cam i can put on him thats discreet?

9. pingwing

Capodecina

A few years ago someone attached a camera on to a cats neck and recorded what it did for a day (was on have I got news for you). You could do something like that, or just plaster your neighbourhood with leaflets of your cat saying he can't be fed regular cat food and if he's being friendly/dishonest about where he's from he needs this special brand or he throws up everywhere (with another picture of the cat looking sad).

Then sign it by the cat, most people will think thats cute.

10. Knubje

Soldato

For cat discipline, I found out the best trick when ours were young and started to try and scale our brand new hand made living rooms curtains...

Buy yourself a cheap kids water pistol. As they start the misbehave (has to be quick) then you shout NO and bust a cap in they misbehavin' ass. I had to use it less than a handful of times and they never did it again and I haven't had to gat them since.

The only issue is that you are forced to be packing heat constantly in the house, but it wasn't long before they learned long-term.

11. krooton

Caporegime

They haven't learned to not do it, they have just learned to do it when you aren't around. :p

12. iamtheoneneo

Sgarrista

thanks i had a look and the cameras are about £70, little out of my budget so will give that a miss for now and see what a happens.

they both have their pre-op check for the snip this Wednesday so hopefully after that hes a little less inquisitive and will stay around the house more. (one hopes)

13. El_Watcher

Mobster

Typical girl, loves handbags and washing baskets :p

[​IMG]

14. TrixiBuG

Wise Guy

[​IMG]

My camera did strange things when I tried to take a pic of Snoopy in the box that our new steamer came in... :D

Edit: Its like one of those UFO conspiracy photo's :eek: :D

15. CircleFaust

Mobster

if this wasn't a cat thread i's think that was a kettle

16. TrixiBuG

Wise Guy

How?!! Lol!?!? How is that a kettle?! I am intrigued now :p

17. bhavv

PermaBanned

Fix'd

18. TrixiBuG

Wise Guy

lol okay proper pic:

[​IMG]

19. CircleFaust

Mobster

ahhhh focus. hello pwutty kwat

20. Twirlywoos

PermaBanned

So cuttteee :D
    I wonder if cat's dream? Which I believe they do. When my cat sleeps sometimes it will meow a couple of times. :)