Show us your kitty cats

Associate
Just had a mail shot from zooplus cause they are having an animal bed sale and there was
this on there which I think is fabulous and I would get one for Snoop for when she is out and we are not in the house (no cat flap, and a rented house :() if money wasn't so tight atm.

Thinking about it though it would probably be cheaper to modify a rabbit hutch for her. You know, add a cat flap to one side, take out the chicken wire and add clear plastic (like a window) etc etc...

She currently shelters in the old out house on the back of the house, which still has the toilet in it :eek: but it doesn't work :)

Where do your outdoor kitties shelter when they are out and it starts raining or they want a nap and they cant get back in the house?

Soldato
Mine can get in and out during the day (I know this due to the amount of muddy footprints I now come home to :D ) but I've found them under cars, bushes and down the side of my shed.

The muppets also seem to sit out quite happily in the rain, spotted Dave sat by a drainpipe trying to "get" the water that was coming out the end of it.

Could you get a dog kennel type thing? Or like what people have chickens in?

Would the landlord not let you have a flap? Or could you fit one and change the door panel when you leave?

Last edited:
Associate
Mine can get in and out during the day (I know this due to the amount of muddy footprints I now come home to :D ) but I've found them under cars, bushes and down the side of my shed.

The muppets also seem to sit out quite happily in the rain, spotted Dave sat by a drainpipe trying to "get" the water that was coming out the end of it.

Could you get a dog kennel type thing? Or like what people have chickens in?

Would the landlord not let you have a flap? Or could you fit one and change the door panel when you leave?

The more I hear about Dave the more I like him :D He sounds like a very silly kitty!

Its like this morning - throwing it down with rain (living in the North West is pretty much a weekly occurrence) I knew this, Snoopy didnt. So I opened the back door, propped it open and she just looked outside, then at me as if to say "Your kidding right? Like hell am I going out there! I have PAWS and FUR not a rain coat and wellies".

The daft thing is...its now clearish sky's and dry and she is in the house :rolleyes:

Yet she is not bothered (so much) if she is out and it rains. She will shelter in the outhouse/old toilet shed thingi until we open the back door and shout her.

I am not sure if we can put a flap in and fix up the door when we leave. Its a hard wood door (the back door) and I get the feeling that if the Agents or the Landlord saw it they might withhold the deposit cause of 'Damage'

Associate
Picked up my new kitty on sat. Oli, 8 weeks old.

Say hello :D
4FDD6983-8E3A-4727-B8CD-F43E3D8532AD-1586-0000009C33BB94A5.jpg

2778F6C7-06D5-43B3-AC09-B03EA74E5A7B-1586-0000009B218692B5.jpg

I'll pop a video up of him clawing scratching post later, absolute head case lol

Permabanned
My kitten has now decided it's a dog. It loves to play fetch. I throw a soft glitter ball; it will run after it; place it in it's mouth; bring it back and place the ball near your feet.

:D

Associate
I purchased him. I looked at the local shelter but they hadn't much there. I really wanted a ginger kitty so went looking and came across this bundle of energy. Keeping me active. I've always had cats for the last 15 years. When the other two passed away 18-24 months ago I missed them loads :(

Associate
I purchased him. I looked at the local shelter but they hadn't much there. I really wanted a ginger kitty so went looking and came across this bundle of energy. Keeping me active. I've always had cats for the last 15 years. When the other two passed away 18-24 months ago I missed them loads :(

Well he could be Krooton's cat's (Winston) little brother :D

Love my kitty very very much, but she is only beautiful to me - a mothers love and all that lol :p ;) :D

Permabanned
My kitten has now decided it's a dog. It loves to play fetch. I throw a soft glitter ball; it will run after it; place it in it's mouth; bring it back and place the ball near your feet.

It's quite uncommon but not unheard of =D

You can get these glowing balls with tails from Zooplus that are great for fetch.

Soldato

Save yourself money. Get a ball of tinfoil. You can make thousands of them if you want and a roll of foil will cost 1/10 of a rubber ball pet store bought ball lol :p

Jinx loves playing with tin foil balls.

Caporegime
Just be careful with it though, tin foil edges are sharp and could cut there gums/mouth.

Ping pong balls are the best! Especially on a hard floor! :D

Regarding a cat kennel for outside, we have this one for TC:

12j4u.jpg

http://www.thepetexpress.co.uk/cats...-housing-and-pens/mr-snugs-outdoor-cat-kennel

We have put a nice warm blanket inside :)

It sits at the back currently under the picnic table and at the front beside our front step (covered from rain) we just have a normal bed container, which has a cat bed cushion on it and the bed is placed inside a black bin bag and then on top of that, a blanket, although if it is raining heavily and windy it will get soaked, so we just bring the blanket in and the bin bag does the rest :)

Also this is pretty good too, especially now that it is a lot colder:

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dog_beds_baskets/thermal_heated_blankets/59060

Unfortunately it doesn't fit in the kennel door part though :( So we just place it (without the wee cover) under the blanket at the front.

Last edited:
Associate
I've used frontline on my 2 cats, bought a 3 pack one and just put the third one on each cat so they've had 1 1/2 doses in 1 week and used an entire can of R.I.P Flea 600ml I got from the vet for 18 quid, sprayed it all around my bedroom and house and it's empty now and I'm still finding fleas on my legs and arms and bouncing around happily.

What should I do?

Associate
I've used frontline on my 2 cats, bought a 3 pack one and just put the third one on each cat so they've had 1 1/2 doses in 1 week and used an entire can of R.I.P Flea 600ml I got from the vet for 18 quid, sprayed it all around my bedroom and house and it's empty now and I'm still finding fleas on my legs and arms and bouncing around happily.

What should I do?

Fleas are a pain in the arse, and a mare to get rid of. What Frontline are you using? I find the combo is best as this contains an inhibitor. That being said, since you've already applied some you'll need to leave it a few weeks. You need the fleas to bite your cat(s) for Frontline to work, so let them go everywhere. It'll take a while, but it'll start to wipe them out.

As for your biggest weapon, that's the hoover. Use it. Every day, every where (not on the cats though!)

Associate
I found Frontline to be ineffective. The effects would wear off too soon and the fleas would be back within literally days.

Bob Martin (golden pack, not the cheaper one. Costs about £9) has been the most effective flea killing solution I've used so far, and it's cheaper. Echo (cat) and Ifrit (dog) got fleas a couple of months ago. Bought Bob Martin stuff, applied it every month and they've not so much as itched ever since :)

Soldato
I'm using advocate. It's not cheap (I paid £38 for 6 tubes) but is meant to be the best one. It's a wormer as well.

I react really badly to fleas (always get badly bitten if they're about) and so wanted the best one to avoid that.

I'm a regular hooverer as well, but that's because of the flipping mess they make. :D

I got a spooky eye pic of Dave the other day as well. Maybe it's cos halloween is coming :p

F810EDED-546D-4D8E-A20B-F192F3BB26E2-3068-00000242E00798B7.jpg

Half in, and half out the curtains.

Back
Top Bottom