Show us your kitty cats

Associate
This be Timbo. Looking at the images next to each other he looks much older in the first one but it was only taken one month after the second picture.

He's gearing up for a big yawn in the first pic:

kv8Vy.jpg

79uGU.jpg

Associate
Thanks knip :D

It's about time he let me take his photo. Normally when he see's the camera he suddenly decides to scarper off to play with a long forgotten toy or to curl up in a ball with his head buried. The little sod.

Soldato
Was going out today, and all of a sudden, this appears on my car

278ADA32-8836-4EA1-AD72-6762A807CDD1-3460-0000023C6EBA869E.jpg

I think she didn't want me to go out, miaowing away bless her. She soon jumped off when I started the engine :D

I've had them 12 weeks today, Lola is 21 weeks, also Dave is 24 weeks, which means i've had him for half his life. :)

Permabanned
How do you discipline a Kitten? With my cat a shout is all it takes when she does something silly, but with my kitten she's taken a liking to scratching the leather sofa and shouting works to some extent, but then she goes back to scratching it again. :(

Permabanned
How do you discipline a Kitten? With my cat a shout is all it takes when she does something silly, but with my kitten she's taken a liking to scratching the leather sofa and shouting works to some extent, but then she goes back to scratching it again. :(

If she's scratching the leather (Most cats don't go for leather) then maybe you should get her a scratching post or two? They're generally quite cheap (about £20-30 each) and don't take up much space.

There's a few ways you can discipline her (Scratching may be something you can't really deter her from doing, you just need to offer a more interesting alternative and place it close to the sofa).

Anyhow, you can hold them down by the scruff and growl or hiss. I've found clapping also works and will get their attention. Don't strike them in any way as they don't learn anything but they remember it!

Caporegime

Get scratching posts, it's instinct for them to scratch, so give them plenty of options.

If it's stress/boredom related, you can give a Feliway Diffuser a go for a few weeks, and if you just want damage limitation, trimming their claws regularly helps (either by you or your vet).

Permabanned
I'll get a scratching post, but I've also seen this on Amazon. Do these things work?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beaphar-Pet-Behave-Training-Spray/dp/B003A8HKTI/ref=pd_sim_petsupplies_1

It looks like a deterrent spray of some kind, but I'm afraid that the smell it leaves may stain or produce odour on the furniture.

Edit -
But then I've also seen this. If I spray it on the scratching post maybe she'll be attracted to it instead of the sofa. It doesn't get high reviews though.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Johnsons-Catnip-Concentrated-Spray-150ml/dp/B002DGA26Q/ref=pd_rhf_ee_s_cp_1

Has anyone used either of these sprays before?

Associate
Well Ralph isn't biting Dexter as often now. Actually suffice to say I havn't seen Dexter have any bleeding on the neck for about a week. I think the tables have turned. Dexter is actually sticking up for himself.
I did however grab Ralph by the neck and pin him down etc a few times before hand.

They have grown loads in the last couple of weeks and crave our attention all the time (bar when they are asleep) by nose pushing, play time, meowing (And she wants kids. Sod that!!)

Ralph seems to think I'm his mummy when I wear my dressing gown and tries to get a feed!!! Dexter purr's so loud!, and does not give up for some cuddle time, It's either "You give me cuddles or i'll just keep nose budging you"

Soldato
Good news :)

My sister brought her 11 week old patterdale/jack russell cross puppy round today, we'd like to get them all used to eachother, in case I should need to dog sit etc. It wasn't love at first sight, but they managed to be in the same room

2D12AC3F-0A20-4C35-8C21-0C07C05CC22C-6336-000003EF31B2BFD7.jpg

Lola got very confident at one point

F303ED3D-9FAB-42BD-99EF-B9B38A94B681-6336-000003EF72EC6085.jpg

Dave preferred to remain more aloof :D

DAEA0F54-F7D6-4A86-BB70-D1D8EDB89914-6336-000003EF57BBED25.jpg

Dexter (the puppy) wanted to play, and they saw that as being chased, which they didn't like. Hopefully they can at least tolerate eachother when the puppy is here, the cat flap was open, but they chose not to leave. :)

Soldato
How did you get them to stay around each other so much?? Tim is stupidly timid of doug (our dog) and just runs at first sight.

It's a shame as it would be helpful for them to get along more.

Soldato
How did you get them to stay around each other so much?? Tim is stupidly timid of doug (our dog) and just runs at first sight.

It's a shame as it would be helpful for them to get along more.

I didn't do anything special (sorry) there was a lot of growling from Lola, and Dave only kept peeking in the room (he was mostly on the window sill in the bedroom) but I think it helped that Dexter is so tiny. He also came from a household that had cats, so he wasn't scared/too over excited in the least.

Lola ended up sitting on the coffee table (he's too small to jump up that far) and I think her being up higher helped as she felt safer.

I also gave Dexter a bone when he got here, so he was distracted by that, which meant the cats came and observed him whilst he wasn't the least bit interested in them.

Back
Top Bottom